A Terminal Operator 7/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Unit operations - monitoring, bringing up and shutting down, valves/line-ups and making adjustments to the units, troubleshooting problems
* Pipeline operations - deliveries on Explorer 8\\" and 10\\" (tightline) and FHR 6\\", line fills, process paperwork
* Perform all duties in compliance with environmental standards and permit requirements
* Rack operations - troubleshooting rack problems and working the card readers and accuload system, DTN/G3 familiarity, fixing busted blends and BOL's as needed, combustor operation
* Lab work and analytical results - understanding of results and how to apply to unit operations and make adjustments to the units from reviewing the analytical
* Understanding and knowledge of gasoline and diesel specifications - distillation, endpoint, flash, vapor, gravity, octane.
* Supervising and assisting - B Operators on duty
* Ensuring that employee's and drivers are working in a safe manner and complying with company policy and PPE requirements
* Ongoing training of employees and assigning duties or special projects
* Maintaining supplies in stock and notify asst. Terminal Manager when an order is necessary
* Ensuring proper daily paperwork is in order, transfer reports, process readings, work permits, work and truck schedules, etc.
* Gasoline and Diesel blending- using blend model
* Schedule tmx transfers with FHR and Explorer
* Identify maintenance needs, write up work orders if necessary
* Diligently follows and enforces all safety and environmental requirements to prevent potential injuries, product contamination, spills an avoid product loss.
* Inputs information into computer system programs
* Oversee location appearance, request repairs or replacement of equipment in order to maintain exemplary compliance standards
* Safety orientation with contractors and/or drivers to ensure that they work in a safe manner, following company safety policies and programs
* Monitoring employee performance and/or training needs, documenting employee warnings/violations and communicating these to Terminal Manager
* Reporting safety and environmental violations or incidents
* Maintaining and updating Logbook each shift
Education and Experience:
* HS Diploma or GED, must have previous experience in pipeline operations and bulk fuel storage
* HAZWOPER certification, a plus
* Professional demeanor and supervisory experience a plus
* Basic PC skills including MS Word and Excel
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multi-task within department for instruction and direction
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone).
SunocoLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law. To view a notice describing federal equal opportunity and pay transparency laws