Wholesale Sales Manager 7/21/2018
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
East Alton, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. The chemical products produced include chlorine and caustic soda, vinyls, epoxies, chlorinated organics, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges. Winchester has a Wholesale Sales Manager opportunity available in East Alton, IL.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: not to be construed as all inclusive)
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Not all Inclusive):
* Execute sales strategies within Wholesale Channel.
* Achieve budgeted sales and growth goals within existing Wholesale customer base.
* Develop positive customer relationships to gather industry trends and new opportunities.
* Provide input to Sales and Product Management to improve product positioning.
* Support the creation of sales programs and market specials within the Wholesale channel.
* Collaborate with Product Management team to ensure timely delivery of products.
* Support Demand Forecast analysis.
* Create, manage and support customer promotions and other events as required.
* Engage, train and develop opportunities with customer's sales force.
* Develop actionable plans for each account through use of customer sales data, shows and promotional opportunities.
* Assist marketing, manufacturing, and customer service to insure customer and channel specific goals, objectives, and requirements are met.
* Ensure work complies with Olin policies and professional standards.
* Perform other duties as directed by management.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Not all Inclusive):
1. Bachelor's Degree required; marketing, management, or business preferred. MBA is a plus.
2. Minimum 5 years' experience selling ammunition or firearms to Wholesale Trade customers.
3. Must be highly creative, team-focused, self-starting, results oriented, detail oriented, problem solving professional with ability to implement solutions in a fast-paced customer focused environment.
4. Must have demonstrated record of success in selling to key decision makers at Wholesale accounts.
5. Must have exposure to forecasting, replenishment, and modeling.
6. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal/external customers exercising extreme diplomacy.
7. Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization, communication, and presentation skills required.
8. Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
9. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
10. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
11. Travel required (approximately 40%).
12. Hunting/shooting background and ammunition product knowledge desired.
(1) Action Oriented
(15) Customer Focus
(51) Problem Solving
(2) Dealing with Ambiguity
(16) Timely Decision Making
(49) Presentation Skills
(53) Drive for Results
(5) Business Acumen
(31) Interpersonal Savvy
(50) Priority Setting
(58) Strategic Agility
Olin Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.