Joint Venture Accountant 7/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking a JOINT VENTURE ACCOUNTANT to join our Jacksonville, Florida corporate office. This individual will prepare reports and compile financial information as required by our various joint venture (JV) partnerships. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages as required by various JV agreements or by other third parties such as NCREIF, including the annual budget, return calculations, and budget to variance explanations.
* Prepare and review property-level financial statements monthly to ensure completeness and accuracy of account balances, as well as compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
* Prepare monthly and quarterly partner distributions in accordance with the various JV agreements, including cash flow forecasts by property.
* Manage cash requirements for each JV property. Prepare bank reconciliations monthly on all overhead accounts for each JV.
* Responsible for JV debt transactions, including payment of monthly debt service and reconciling escrow accounts required by the lender.
* Assist the Manager of JV Reporting with annual external audits of financial statements.
* Calculate and process all fees due to Regency from the JV s in accordance with the various JV agreements.
* Prepare ad hoc partner and manager requests as needed.
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
* 1 to 3 years experience in accounting, finance, or related role.
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and related concepts
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including knowledge of financial models
* Advanced level proficiency with current Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and
* Ability to read and comprehend legal documents.
* Financial reporting or commercial real estate experience.
* Working knowledge of JD Edwards.
* CPA or working towards obtaining preferred.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Problem solving and time management skills.
* Ability to work with numerous stringent deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes a 401(k) profit sharing plan with company match, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance including coverage for orthodontics, vision insurance, an incentive-based wellness program, flexible spending accounts, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, educational assistance, matching charitable gifts and flexible paid time off.
*Regency Centers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Regency Centers is a smoke-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.