Document Control Specialist 7/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Document Control Specialist
Change people s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people s lives.
About the Role:
In order to ensure Cochlear s compliance with the Food and Drug Administration s regulatory requirements, we are recruiting for a Document Control Specialist in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you ll be able to efficiently maintain the document control portion of Cochlear Americas standard operating procedures (SOPs) and marketing submissions in MasterControl. You ll work collaboratively across various departments to create, maintain, and update job title specific training matrices along with Cochlear employee infocards. Additionally, you will be responsible for document retrieval, monitoring delinquent training assignments, and reporting on document control metrics.
* Understand and navigate document control functions in MasterControl.
* Review, assess, provide feedback on document control issues, and approve SOPs and marketing materials at the document control step in the approval process.
* Meet with Managers to create, maintain, and update job title specific training matrices.
* Create, maintain, and update Cochlear employee infocards within MasterControl.
* Monitor and report on delinquent training assignments and document change requests.
* Assist personnel in document retrieval and revision of documents.
To add value to Cochlear, in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
* Associate s degree
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, multitask and troubleshoot.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with previous computer experience
* 1+ year(s) of experience in a Quality, System Administrator, or Software Process Building role
* Prior experience in a document control system (i.e. Windchill, Insight or preferably MasterControl)
* Bachelor s degree
Working at Cochlear Americas:
* Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
* Diverse culture
* Highly collaborative team environment
* Opportunities for growth and development
* Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
* State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
* The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
* The Organization A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
* The Opportunity To make a difference to the quality of people s lives while growing your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information. Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.