Continuous Improvement Engineer 7/22/2018
Emerald Performance Materials
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duties/Responsibilities:
* Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce costs, maximize asset utilization and improve the company's cash conversion cycle through deployment of DMAIC.
* Optimize and drive efficiency, engaging and supporting site managers and engineers.
* Analyze problems, identify issues, summarize findings and recommend courses of actions.
* Ensure project objectives and (DMAIC) milestones are met within the approved budget and timing, and agreed quality standards and Management of Change procedures.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree required, Chemical Engineering.
* At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role within the industry, such as Food, Chemical or Pharma, combined with the ability to work in a consulting environment.
* Training in the following areas are helpful; Lean Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement Processes, Stage Gate, Toyota Production System (TPS)
* Demonstrated ability to successfully drive a continuous improvement culture.
* A track record of establishing a disciplined manufacturing and problem solving approach that result in improvement of KPI's.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis in Word and Outlook, required
* Intermediate skill level in Excel required
* The successful candidate must bring high level of intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company culture
* Must exhibit drive to execute effectively across all levels of an organization.
* Demonstrated ability to lead change and drive execution.
* Highly effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
* Assertive in style, but respectful of others, and skilled in navigating competing organizational priorities and agendas
* Demonstrated problem solver. Utilizes creative, innovative and pragmatic approaches to overcome challenges.
* Process, data driven mindset. Works to continuously improve what is in place using an analytic and metrics based approach
* Ability to travel internationally