Regional Distribution Manager- VAR/B2B Sales (US) 7/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
GLOBALSTAR IS HIRING A REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION MANAGER- VAR/B2B SALES TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN THE NEW ORLEANS AREA!
This is a field regional distribution manager position covering the United States. BS/BA in business, Marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience. 6+ years of field sales, sales management, and line marketing experience; This is a frontline sales role focused on increasing the number of profitable Data customers on the Globalstar network, through the development and management of a distribution network of Value Added Re-sellers (VAR s), Value Added Manufacturers (VAM s), Agents and Integrators within the assigned territory. Excellent customer relation skills; knowledge of target market industries; well developed distribution management skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; well developed presentation skills; excellent customer relation skills; ability to travel extensively within assigned territory.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ARE, HOWEVER NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Provide hardware forecast to inventory management on an annual basis
* Manage sale fulfillment
* Manage major accounts
* Provide input to marketing for trade show support
* Supply input to Web development team for VAR/B2B website upgrades
* Work with engineering and senior management to establish product road map for future Simplex hardware
* Provide requirements to engineering for simplex products under development
* Set service and hardware pricing in consultation with senior management
* Work directly with agent and reseller locations using Globalstar s distribution programs to sell Globalstar services.
* Determine regional strategies for Globalstar phone, accessory and service sales
* Assist region distributors in sales and marketing activities
* Focus on designated vertical segments in the assigned territory
* Train and support distribution locations as required sales training, activations, customer care procedures, sales promotions, etc.
* Expand distributions to exceed sales goals add quality distributors to reach specific geographical and vertical markets, and establish procedures for churn of distributors to ensure those chosen are performing
* Travel as required to support distribution locations in the assigned territory
* Perform and report studies of competition in the territory
* Work with the Marketing function to ensure up-to-date marketing materials are used
* Maintain sales reports to CRM
* Participate in quarterly sales conferences, and provide support to other field sales personnel as directed
* Meet sales targets as defined in the Quarterly Sales Commission Plan
* Qualify leads through desk research, phone interviews, and face-to-face meetings, engaging global sales teams to pursue and close near-term opportunities
* Lead the recruitment of specialised VAR s, VAM s, Agents & Integrators
* Identify and maintain a target list of potential VARs, VAM s, Agents & Integrators by sector and geography, using secondary research, consulting sales and marketing, attending sector trade shows, and other relevant sources
* Meet or exceed sales targets as defined by management
* Provide support on new and developed Data solutions within the assigned territory
* Communicate directly with selected large corporate / government accounts in conjunction with VAR s/VAM s/Integrators to secure new revenue opportunities
* Handle escalated data customer issues and resolve with the assistance of the customer care group or other involved depts. within Globalstar Inc
* Identify opportunities and risks to new business within all vertical markets with a focus on complex Data applications
* Resolve anticipated and unanticipated problems with minimum negative effect while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
* Handles all potential customer inquiries with a focus on promoting Globalstar products and services, using defined sales techniques and processes
* Other duties as assigned by Management
* BS/BA in business, Marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience
* 6+ years of field sales, sales management, and line marketing experience
* 7 10 years wireless data sales
* Experience with sales and marketing in M2M market
* Excellent customer relation skills
* Knowledge of target market industries
* Ability to travel extensively within assigned territory
* Extensive knowledge of wireless Data applications, various wireless technologies, and Data connectivity concepts
* Understanding of the telecoms industry; ideally satellite communications; This position requires significant travel throughout EMEA
* Experience of scaling business through partners
* Experience of territorial management, desirably the EMEA territory
* Proven track record of sales results and revenue growth
* Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Strong leadership and strong time management skills
WHO ARE WE*
Globalstar is a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services. Customers around the world in industries such as government, emergency management, marine, logging, oil & gas and outdoor recreation rely on Globalstar to conduct business smarter and faster, maintain peace of mind and access emergency personnel. Globalstar data solutions are ideal for various asset and personal tracking, data monitoring, SCADA and IoT applications. The Company's products include mobile and fixed satellite telephones, the innovative Sat-Fi satellite hotspot, Simplex and Duplex satellite data modems, tracking devices and flexible service packages.
Globalstar offers a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, life Insurance, accidental injury, long term disability, short-term disability, holiday pay, vacation and sick days.
GLOBALSTAR IS AN EOE. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.