This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/22/2018
END DATE 8/10/2018
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The position is responsible for various administrative duties, special projects, and interactions with top corporate executives. The position assists senior executives located in Charlotte, North Carolina, and reports to the VP General Counsel.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Meeting preparation and organization for Board, Sr. Management meetings, lunches and dinners
* Create communications, presentations, reports and other correspondence for Board of Directors, customer, and investor meetings
* Create extensive agendas when we host guest ranging from conferences, investors to customers
* Work as a liaison to other divisions
* Track executive office and legal department finances by preparing, submitting, and approving expense reports and invoices via Concur and BPMS
* Track, review, process and reconcile invoices, case costs and insurance payments; insure adherence to Company policies and procedures, proper documentation, invoice accuracy, appropriate approval levels and general ledger distribution
* Research, follow-up and resolve inter-department and vendor inquiries
* Send calendar invites and correspondence for all Board, Sr. Management, Earnings Call, Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee meetings
* Manage and approve executives and their direct reports timecards
* Schedule appointments and handle multiple calendars, agendas and responsibilities
* Manage domestic and international travel arrangements for executives and visiting guests
* Produce information in a clear and precise manner by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
* Organize and file documents
* Prepare briefing binders for quarterly earnings calls
* Compile, bind, and distribute Dole Audit Committee briefing books (5-6 times/yr.)
* Plan and coordinate meeting spaces, prepare meeting materials and logistics for onsite/offsite meetings and events
* Receive, sort and prioritize incoming mail
* Manage and prioritize incoming calls, call lists, and visitors; initiate calls
* Perform general administrative duties and support other administrative staff
* Provide back up for temporary absences and lunch coverage for several departments
* Compile research data for ad hoc projects as assigned
* Perform other duties and special projects as requested
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
* Minimum 5 years Administrative Assistant experience in a large corporation with a minimum of 3 years in the financial area preferred
* Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
* Understands the importance of discretion and diplomacy
* Experience handling confidential information and documents
* Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
* Able to work within tight deadlines, and be willing to do what it takes to get the job done
* Strong organizational skills, attention to details and adept critical thinking skills
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Initiative to proactively identify projects and complete tasks
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Open to supporting other departments with special projects as required
* Flexible, diplomatic and works well in a team environment
* Open to flexible work schedule, with peaks and valleys of workload, including overtime on short notice.
* General Profile
Has developed expertise in a variety of work processes. Works autonomously with established procedures and practices. Understands importance of discretion and diplomacy. Ability to properly handle confidential and time sensitive information.
* Problem Solving
Ability to proactively identify and evaluate problems with solutions; respond to issues and inquiries with strong sense of urgency and high level of professionalism
No supervisory responsibilities; manages own work load and provides support to other administrative staff
Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment. Uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results and improve efficiency.
* Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team, and communicate effectively and professionally with senior management, associates, and outside vendors.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
* Internal, associates, including senior management, across all domestic and international divisions and Board of Directors
* Outside vendors/customers, including domestic and international external legal counsel and third party vendors and insurance representatives
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* College Degree required, Bachelor s degree in Finance or Business Administration preferred
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs.
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.