Network Operations Center Controller 7/23/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
GLOBALSTAR IS HIRING A NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER (NOC) CONTROLLER TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN THE NEW ORLEANS AREA!
This is an entry level position at Globalstar s Network Operations Center (NOC) in Covington, Louisiana. A few years experience is a plus. The new team member will receive experience in telecommunications network monitoring and system troubleshooting. Their organizational, analytical, and time management skills will help drive their success as a Network Operator. Their outstanding interpersonal and communications skills will allow them to work efficiently with other team members to maintain the successful operation of our global ground (Gateways) and space based (Satellite) networks. This individual will evolve to ensure that all system issues are thoroughly investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
**** MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR POSSESS A PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD. THE NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER IS STAFFED 24X7. INDIVIDUAL MUST BE WILLING TO WORK ANY SHIFT.****
* Learn the components (Gateways, Satellites, products and services, etc.), functions, and interfaces of the Globalstar networks
* Monitor and control Globalstar s worldwide ground and space based networks using customized and standard network monitoring tools
* Provide assistance and coordinates efforts with multiple support organizations, service providers, and outside personnel as needed
* Identify and assist in resolving any network issues in a timely manner and document all activities with the Remedy trouble ticketing system (Initiate, update, and monitor trouble tickets)
* Work with Gateway and Satellite Engineering, Information Technology, Customer Care and other Globalstar departments to ensure the successful operation of the Globalstar network
* Draft, and maintain operations procedures, training materials, and other documents
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of workstation operations, computer operating systems and network monitoring tools
* Experience working on or with Technical Support, Customer Care, and other troubleshooting entities
* Ability to manage multiple tasks of varying priorities simultaneously
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a Permanent Resident card
* A 4 year degree in a STEM field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics), previous NOC experience is a plus
* Complete all required training and certification within the prescribed timeframe
* Must be willing to work any shift to support 24/7/365 network operations
WHO ARE WE*
Globalstar is a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services. Customers around the world in industries such as government, emergency management, marine, logging, oil & gas and outdoor recreation rely on Globalstar to conduct business smarter and faster, maintain peace of mind and access emergency personnel. Globalstar data solutions are ideal for various asset and personal tracking, data monitoring, SCADA and IoT applications. The Company's products include mobile and fixed satellite telephones, the innovative Sat-Fi satellite hotspot, Simplex and Duplex satellite data modems, tracking devices and flexible service packages.
Globalstar offers a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, life Insurance, accidental injury, long term disability, short-term disability, holiday pay, vacation and sick days.
GLOBALSTAR IS AN EOE. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.