Senior Director, Procurement (Indirect) 7/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Director, Indirect Category Management
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Global Spend Management team in Chicago, IL
Your Impact As A Senior Director, Indirect Category Management
* Accountability for the opportunity pipeline. Lead and manage key initiatives, including the prioritization of high visibility projects and providing direct management, line of sight and input into deals requiring executive level approval
* Manage business priorities and objectives along with category management activities, leveraging line of business knowledge and executive relationships.
* Develop and drive global category strategy underpinned by regional nuances, category expertise and industry best practices to deliver savings and transformation of the category.
* Interface and influence senior level stakeholders and leaders within the organization through healthy tension relationship to drive greater outcomes for the firm
* High decision-making responsibility. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
* Manages medium to large teams and/or work efforts
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Minimum of 10 years of procurement experience
* Deep category experience required in Indirect procurement areas such as: professional services, marketing & print, real estate and office / corporate related services
* Demonstrated success driving cost savings and total cost ownership
* Possesses strong ability to work with and influence senior leaders
* Strong financial and business acumen, particularly related to spend/procurement
* Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
* Excellent leadership and management skills
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.