Risk Consultant II 7/24/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon Is Looking For a Risk Consultant II (Marine Claims)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Marine Claims business group within Aon Risk Solutions, in New York City. As a Risk Consultant II (Marine Claims), you will report directly to the Director.
Your Impact As A Risk Consultant II (Marine Claims)
* Understand fully the resources needed to manage complex marine cargo claims, Hull & Machinery, Protection & Indemnity & other Marine Liability claims - i.e. the role of Broker, insurance carrier adjusters, underwriters, TPA s and independent surveyors
* Possess a detailed understanding of applicable coverage, coverage triggers and risk financing options
* Able to establish claim reporting procedures and provide claim manuals tailored to each client s priorities
* Possess a detailed understanding of various and necessary documentation needed to prove and support the value of client claims
* Ability to ensure claim calculations maximize applicable policy coverages
* Ability to adjust claims form a ground up perspective
* Provide overall consultation on policy coverage and vendor contracts
* Advocate on all incidents of claim declination, reservation of rights, and other coverage concerns
* Innovative self-starter and big-picture thinker with ability to focus on details
* Commercially-minded with a proven record of success in overcoming challenges while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, global environment
* Flexible, creative problem-solving and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varied work styles and cultures
* Cultivate relationships with key contacts, including internal and external business partners
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 10+ years experience with Marine Claims (Cargo. H&M & P&I / Marine Liabilities)
* Fluent in Microsoft Outlook and Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Bachelor s degree required.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.