Benefits Analyst 7/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-CA-Irvine
Aon is looking for a Benefits Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon Risk, in Irvine, CA. As a Benefits Analyst you will report directly to the Sr. Director, Client Services or Director, Client Services.
Your Impact As A Benefits Analyst
* Consults with each assigned Client to provide guidance on what documentation Aon requires be provided for Aon to convert all Client benefit information into the Aon Plan Design Document (PDD), which functions as the documentation to support custom programming for each Client s enrollment application.
* Analyzes clients benefits offerings/SPD s to ensure eligibility rules and plan details are translated into both the PDD and into the Client training curriculum
* Develops the Aon Plan Design Document (PDD) for each client, utilizing extensive benefits knowledge and understanding of the client s specific plans; primarily responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the PDD and communications screens for each assigned case
* Partners with the assigned Account Manager to manage the implementation major milestones, and interact with Client Human Resources/Benefits Department and Technology personnel to ascertain all employee benefit plan specifics. Steps in to manage Account Management tasks when they are on planned or unplanned PTO.
* Works closely with the Aon Technology division to build the enrollment application to ensure a successful enrollment experience for the Client.
* Interacts with internal implementation team members to help ensure a successful enrollment experience for each Client.
* Interacts with various insurance carriers to ascertain voluntary product specifics. Responsible for confirmation of all voluntary benefit offers, commission documentation and requested case set up documents.
* Completes Testing Criteria Documents for each case prior to the testing phase of each case for distribution amongst the team.
* Tests enrollment program for each case prior to enrollment starting. Leads all user testing initiatives, responsible for tracking all issues, ensuring resolution and the overall organization of the entire testing process.
* Performs the system demo with the client/broker prior to enrollment start date
* Builds Training curriculum and define training plan. Facilitates training with the Case Managers and/or Counselors before the start of each individual case.
* Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
* Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
* Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
* Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Must be licensed or able to be licensed in Life and Health Insurance within 3 months of hire.
* Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates.
* Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products along with Adobe products.
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Experience in health and life benefit plan administration.
* Industry recognized benefits designations.
* Sharepoint knowledge
* Bachelor s degree preferred or 5+ equivalent years of industry experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.