Senior Medical Science Liaison (Urology) 7/24/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Medical/Clinical Educational Liaison to key departments within Genomic Health, Inc. and as member of the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) group.
Located in the Northeast or mid-Atlantic U.S., you will engage with colleagues in our Commercial organization to support company goals of growth in our prostate cancer business, as well as launching newer products acquired or developed by Genomic Health.
You will focus on the following:
* Disease State: prostate cancer
* External Presentations: The MSL will conduct clinical presentations and meetings with key physicians as requested by field sales force and marketing and managed care teams. Take complex medical messages and position them in the best possible manner to enable clear and concise understanding by personnel within Genomic Health.
* Physician Customer Support: Customer support (physicians and other customers, and sales) regarding medical inquiries
* Structured Clinical Training and Content Development: Develop content and execute clinically oriented education and training, including sales training programs, journal clubs, ad hoc literature reviews, and other training venues for new sales hires, existing field sales team members, new Medical Science Liaisons, and others as needed.
* Stay abreast of new clinical developments, papers and trends and work with Marketing teams to be a conduit to the field for review of these developments.
* Work with key departments (Medical, Sales, Marketing, Managed Care, etc.) in developing and implementing successful clinical training programs as needed.
* Facilitating and supporting advisory boards
* Establishment and maintenance of relationships with key opinion leaders in the field of prostate cancer
* Field Sales Clinical Training Support: partner with Sales Directors to support training needs to improve the team's clinical effectiveness. The Objectives may include:
o Review of key clinical & scientific material as needed
o Be available to sales teams as a phone and/or speaker resource as needed
o Advise Sales Director on training needs
* Marketing support
o Support development and review of new clinical reference tools, sales aids, slide decks, and other resources delivered by sales operations or marketing for use by field sales teams.
o Participate upon request on key marketing task efforts or committees that require understanding of field-based clinical needs
o Support preparation of medical review slides and materials at national sales meetings, pre-conference meetings, field sales conference calls, etc.
* Scientific Meeting Coverage: Provide medical affairs coverage of key medical/scientific congresses and cooperative group meetings as needed
* Listen for and interpret new clinical data and competitive intelligence, and report back on findings to medical affairs and marketing partners
* Support the acceptance of new IST research concepts by facilitating submission of written proposals to Medical Affairs Clinical Research Program review committee
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong clinical/medical background (training and/or experience) to successfully communicate and teach in a complex and competitive environment;
* Experience in prostate oncology or genomics REQUIRED
* 3+ years in a field-based role in the healthcare industry REQUIRED
* Experience in an MSL or Clinical Educator role preferred
* Clinical degree preferred (MD, R.Ph., D.Ph., Ph.D., PharmD., RN, DPN, P.A. or equivalent) but overall experience and consistent record will be considered
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
* Ability to communicate (clearly) complex messages at all levels of the organization (organizational agility)
* Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging
* Demonstrated teammate and leadership skills
* Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
* Able to prioritize and work towards results with a high emphasis on quality
* Ability to work as part of a team
* 40-75% travel required; must live within mid-Atlantic or Northeast US
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
You'll have the opportunity to cover the Northeast U.S., and engage with colleagues in our Commercial organization to support company goals of growth in our breast cancer and advanced prostate cancer business, as well as launching newer products acquired or developed by Genomic Health.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.