Sr. Business Analyst (Finance focus) 7/24/2018
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Senior Business Analyst - Finance focus
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for designing and optimizing analytical tools, business processes, and systems in Genomic Health's Finance organization. The Senior Business Analyst acts as the interface between business and technology teams. He/she will support process/system design and improvement projects and product launches through all phases of the project life cycle with a focus on Procurement to Pay, Revenue Processing and Recognition (Results to Cash), Pricing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Foreign Currency management, Financial Reporting, and General Ledger related processes.
This position will specialize in assignments involving the design of processes, systems and reports to improve the efficiency of the Finance department, though support of other areas may be required and will be assigned as needed. The primary customers for this position includes Finance, Managed Care, Supply Chain, and IT.
Business Process, Systems, and Analytics - Analysis & Support
* Work with Finance Department Leads and Platform Manager to analyze existing business processes, systems, and analytical tools to identify pain points and opportunities for improvement.
* Develop detailed documentation (gap analyses, process flow charts, decision tables, etc.) to aid in the understanding of business requirements and potential solution options.
* Consult a broad group of stakeholders to understand competing requirements; negotiate a process/system solution that will meet the needs of the broader group.
* Document business requirements in the form of user stories and in other written documentation as required.
* Lead meetings to ensure business requirements are communicated to and understood by software developers.
* Collaborate with IT and business to propose and provide input on system design solutions and process changes.
* Serve as Product Owner on the Agile implementation team.
* Summarize and communicate implementation solutions to business.
* Provide input and support to business during implementation phase, including carrying out software user testing, composing SOPs, and/or conducting employee training.
* Serve as frontline support in troubleshooting process and systems issues, and provide ongoing operational support as required.
Project and Portfolio Management
* Provide project status updates in both verbal and written format.
* Assist the Scrum Master in developing detailed project timelines to ensure analysis and change management activities are accounted for.
* Collaborate with the ERP Portfolio Management Team to maintain a backlog of projects and features. Propose phasing strategies to efficiently implement projects.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Works with minimal guidance from manager to deliver on medium to high complexity projects:
o Quickly develops a detailed understanding of the processes, systems, and analytics utilized by the business area
o Consolidates input from business and technical stakeholders. Negotiates solutions to ensure a broad range of stakeholders' needs are met
o Overcomes challenges to move projects forward
o Efficiently manages multiple projects with competing deadlines
* Demonstrates effective analysis and communication skills:
o Mines data to inform business process flow decisions
o Documents complex business processes
o Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication skills
o Delivers well-organized, informative presentations and requirements documents
* Excellent team player, demonstrating strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
* Prior work in a Finance department of a publicly traded company desired
* Courageous, curious, and articulate.
* BS/MS degree
* 5-8 years of business process improvement experience, either in a Business Analyst role or as a member of the Finance team.
* Prior experience working with ERP and CRM systems. NetSuite experience a plus.
* Experience with regulatory controls such as SOX
* Prior experience working in the healthcare industry desirable.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for designing and optimizing analytical tools, business processes, and systems in Genomic Health s Finance organization. The Senior Business Analyst acts as the interface between business and technology teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.