Senior Development Manager 7/24/2018
March of Dimes
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Senior Development Manager
Full Time Regular
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We re advocating for policies to protect them. We re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We re pioneering research to find solutions. We re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Senior Development Manager is responsible for donor recruitment, development, cultivation, and activation, leading assigned fundraising events, and meeting fundraising objectives of the March of Dimes in the assigned market. Principle roles and responsibilities include revenue development, volunteer leadership development, and staff development.
* Increase overall market revenue by implementing core tactics for fundraising events, resulting in aggressive and sustainable year over year growth.
* Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in order to predict business opportunities. Manage a personal portfolio of prospects.
* Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners, or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain personal introduction to prospective constituents.
* Develop and present sales presentations in order to educate and sell mission engagement opportunities to prospects or constituents.
* Research prospects needs, concerns and objectives in order to create effective sponsorship proposals. In many cases, serve as lead staff on all significant sponsorship asks in the market and engage potential national sponsors in a relationship with March of Dimes. Drive all sponsors in the market to activate their sponsorship aggressively.
* Identify candidates for top volunteer leadership roles. Create plans to gain access to volunteer leadership prospects and candidates. Recruit qualified candidates and articulate goals, outcomes and objectives for performance in order to enable candidates to make good decisions regarding the acceptance of critical revenue generation goals.
* Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
* Make periodic visits, explore specific needs, and resolve problems in order to build and maintain constituent relationships.
* Coach and guide staff and volunteers in the execution of the event and achievement of expected outcomes according to core tactics.
* Plan performance expectations, monitor and appraise the team member s job results and performance in order to develop, coach and recognize direct reports. Provide ongoing feedback and guidance to direct reports on overall performance. Provide information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities in order to develop staff. Focus on the development of leadership skills and business acumen of direct reports.
* Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
* Utilize electronic data management tools in order to review and analyze pertinent information and monitor financial and mission related results.
* Perform other duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of market financial goals.
* Accountable for all activities within the functional areas of responsibility that support the market goals and objectives, assuring they are met on time and within budget.
* Represent the March of Dimes as an official spokesperson and provides a high degree of expertise within his/her area and in broad and organizational areas to internal and external contacts. Contacts are critical to motivating, negotiation with, developing and collaborating with others.
* Decisions, or decisions this position leads in making, have significant impact on fundraising success of the market.
* Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in increasingly responsible positions
* Education: Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience
* Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.