Senior Curriculum Developer (1260)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/24/2018
END DATE 8/17/2018
Obsidian Solutions Group
Joshua Tree, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Curriculum Developer
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The Senior Curriculum Developer works with the MCTOG Academics team to develop and maintain courseware across the MCTOG program. This team will use a combination of Adult Learning and advanced learning methods in concert with the Systems Approach to Training and Education (SATE), relevant T&R Manuals, and applicable Marine Corps orders and directives that pertain to curriculum development and instruction.
* Supervise the development and maintenance of curriculum on material that spans the USMC Ground Combat Element (GCE), across the elements of the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF), and encompasses Marine Corps doctrine, operating concepts, and roles in the Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational (JIIM) environments.
* Oversee the development of training materials for complete, full length courses, or major course units of comparable scope.
* Provide oversight and mentorship to a cadre of Curriculum Developers respectively assigned to Periods of Instruction spanning across the MCTOG program.
* Ensure the development and maintenance of formal Programs of Instruction (POIs) and the requisite Master Lesson File, Instructor Guides, Student Handouts, and course materials.
* Supervise the creation and assessment of testing material and assessment criteria.
* Prepare course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms.
* Oversee the Academic production to ensure efficient delivery of required subject matter.
* Perform ongoing coordination as needed with various offices within the supported command, with the goal of ensuring understanding and appreciation for the mission, operations, and MCTOG training mission.
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of Joint, Combined, and USMC operating concepts.
* Expertise in Academic program management, facilitation and development of course materials.
* Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Must be able work effectively under a minimum level of supervision.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor s degree is required and 15 years minimum of military experience is required, 20 plus years of experience is preferred. A Master s degree in a relevant field (e.g., strategic studies, international relations) is preferred. A combination of education and experience that displays the requisite skillset is considerable.
* Academic program management, curriculum development, or equivalent civilian educational expertise from academic institutions preferred.
* Graduate of Marine Corps EWS (resident or non-resident) (previously Amphibious Warfare School) or other service or civilian equivalent.
* Graduate of Marine Corps Command and Staff College (CSC) or other service equivalent preferred.
* Former military officer or senior staff NCO with operations and training experience; USMC background is preferred.
* One or more deployments to expeditionary or contingency operations is preferred.
* Service on senior military staff and experience conducting Joint and Marine Corps Planning Processes is preferred.
* Experience in Joint planning, doctrine and operations.
* Any combination of Academic program experience and appropriate military experiences that delivers the requisite skillsets are considerable.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.