Industrial Market Manager - Boston 7/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
* Lead a sales team with a focus on driving profitable growth across the entire industrial product line and associated services
* Serve as primary local contact for, and maintain strong relationships with local, regional and national partners
* Develop and execute an annual strategy within the territory that includes:
* Maximizing current customer relationships and vertical markets
* Identification of new target customers/markets
* Determining the most effective method to reach the end-user
* Assessment of current channels and channel partners
* Leadshare opportunities with commercial and coatings channels
* Growth in key products and new technologies
* Conduct annual planning with key partners
* Recommend the addition or replacement of partners within the territory
* Effectively leverage all internal relationships
* Maintain strong knowledge of all products, services and applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 10 years of overall business experience, to include:
* a minimum of 7 years of sales and/or business development experience
* a minimum of 5 years developing and managing dealer and/or distribution partnerships, with a preference for Jan/San
* a minimum of 3 years in a managerial role with direct reports, prior experience managing remote employees a plus
* Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sales, marketing or business development strategies
* Prior experience developing and implementing dealer and/or distribution programs a plus
* Track record of sales success
* Hires strong performers, provides clear and measurable goals, and coaches and develops teams and partnerships
* Able to translate long-term vision into actionable plans
* Creates a sense of common purpose through strong strategic direction and implementation
* Demonstrates ethical decisions in all business transactions
* Demonstrates the ownership and accountability necessary for achieving desired results
* Communicates, influences , builds commitment to and effectively manages changes that align people behind key initiatives, strategies and partnerships
* Drives a customer-centric culture to deliver relevant solutions to internal and external customers
* Influences others, negotiates and resolves disagreements, is cooperative and collaborative
* Advanced planning, communication, teamwork and organization skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
* Must be able to meet DOT requirements and reporting procedures. Must pull trailers as per DOT regulations and safety.
* Must meet physical requirements of the position including ability to hook up trailers and load demonstration gear.
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: In addition to the General Responsibilities, the following are requisite interpersonal and behavior skills of the position as well as:
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
* Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment.
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation.
* Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
* Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business.
* Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.