Mechanical Assembler (Windsor, CT) 7/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
The Mechanical Assembler position is responsible for assembling preformed sheet metal parts, using equipment such as drills, wrenches, high pressure carts, etc. The ideal candidate will also be assembling and pressure testing valves and similar components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
* Responsible for using equipment such as drills, wrenches, high pressure carts, screwdrivers, hammers, and any other equipment that will assist in the satisfactory performance of duties.
* Responsible for the operation of equipment with personal safety and that of fellow employees in mind.
* Responsible for assembling and pressure testing valves and similar components.
* Responsible for the accurate and efficient interpretation of assembly and sub-assembly drawings and sketches.
* Responsible for good housekeeping of individual work area.
* Responsible for maintaining a daily time log of work done on manufacturing and/or production travelers.
* Other assignments as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or higher supervisor/s.
* CIT: establish standards and procedures for continuous improvement.
* Maintain the currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses; seminars, exhibits and trade shows are needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Experience in the assembly of preformed sheet metal parts of all sorts and the use of mechanical equipment associated with the satisfactory performance of duties.
* A minimum of 1 year of experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to use, read, and interpret drawings and measuring scale or tape proficiently.
* Ability to work in a team or solo environment.
* Familiarity with tablets and computers.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
TLD provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, TLD takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
TLD is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all candidates, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us at email@example.com. Only messages sent for this purpose will be reviewed.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position