Marketing Manager 7/24/2018
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary:
The Marketing Manager will provide substantial business development strategy and support to attorneys as well as coordinate all assigned office marketing events, firm marketing services activities, community contribution and sponsorship management, client entertainment and ticket coordination, and other responsibilities as assigned for the Minneapolis office. This position has dual reporting to the firms Director of Marketing Services and the Director of Business Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the main point of contact for the Marketing Department to approximately 35 lawyers in the Minneapolis office.
2. Supports office cross selling efforts, including assessment of penetration of the firms key clients to identify and help monetize business development opportunities.
3. Develops a deep understanding of the Minneapolis offices practice areas, including services, expertise, clients and competitors.
4. Collaborates with Business Development Team Managers in preparation of pitches, proposals, and other business development initiatives as related to each department.
5. Utilizes available business development research tools to identify and research prospects, due diligence and strategic marketing information.
6. Manages and supports all Minneapolis office marketing events including but not limited to department and practice groups workshops and seminars, networking receptions, political fundraisers, and internal meetings, as assigned; includes both on and off site activities.
7. Manages client and community relations budget as well as office, sports and entertainment budget including execution of sponsorships, contributions and benefits associated with same.
8. Manages mailing lists and event registrations via Contact Relationship Manager (CRM) system.
9. Works directly with Office Managing Partner and Director of Marketing Services in annual budget planning and management.
10. Coordinates with the communications team to complete press releases, resources for PR opportunities, surveys, directories, nominations and other listings.
11. Assures the availability of collateral materials, company store and other items, including selecting gifts for clients.
12. Management of Minneapolis office LinkedIn page.
13. Other duties as required.
1. Must possess knowledge of marketing, communications and public relations in order to assume responsibility for the office marketing programs at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelors Degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
2. At least three years of progressively responsible marketing experience in a professional services environment. Law firm experience preferred.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone and follow instruction effectively from a diverse group of attorneys, clients and staff and to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
4. The ideal candidate will be a professional, highly motivated and client-service focused individual who thrives in a multi-office, team-based work setting.
5. Proficiency with Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint is required. CRM experience a plus.
6. Experience in developing and using marketing databases as well as marketing related tools.
7. Must be a highly organized individual who is able to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer