Principal Engineer 7/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
With coordination and direction from management, a position for a Principal Engineer has opened at our Westford office. The role of the Principal Engineer will be to join our team of high calibre engineers working on our leading customer engagement platform, Aspect Via , a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) solution running in Amazon Web Services (AWS) in building a world class product for our customers. This R&D role requires close interaction with QA, Automation, Support and Professional Services teams in a role that requires innovation and a focus on quality bringing product features through to the customer in a SaaS environment.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design and develop high-quality microservices for large scale systems within short release cycles in an Agile/Scrum environment
* Interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications
* Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of microservices or features of new or upgraded software systems and products
* Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
* Troubleshoot, analyse, replicate, regress and resolve complex field software problems escalated to engineering
* Responsible for handling critical customer problems in real-time and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases or patches.
* Coordinate, respond, track and follow-up on customer problem reports/technical support requests for Engineering.
* Reproduce customer issues and resolve them by either establishing a workaround or a solution, or by debugging and creating a bug fix
* Work with members in the organization across various time zones.
* Actively contributes to design or process development in a broad scope.
* Contributes to the overall architecture of the product.
* Mentors junior staff on specific tasks.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Open to all levels of experience in a software Development Engineer role with demonstrated experience in scalable distributed systems implementations, multi-threaded programming, debugging of distributed systems, source control and continuous integration tools
* Knowledge or working experience with software development methodologies and practices
* Professional demeanour to maintain and enhance relationships.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Performs work where problems are unique, and solutions are not predetermined.
* Ability to use technical concepts to solve difficult problems in imaginative and varying ways.
* Ability to provide resolutions to problems of complex and diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Strong programmer in one or more enterprise programming languages preferred (Java, Scala, C#, C++) with a focus on quality.
* Desirable but not required experience in:
o AWS technologies, Distributed Systems, Docker, API Design (REST), Databases design and Scala/Akka
o Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment and Kubernetes.
* 6-8+ years of experience.
* Degree (B.E.) in Computer Science or equivalent Technical/Engineering field
* Work with other team members distributed at other offices in The United States and other locations around the world.
* Participate in on-call rotation.
* Ability to pass a background check may also be required
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.