Senior Accountant 7/25/2018
De Pere, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
Tectron Tube a part of Atkore International currently has an opening for a Plant Senior Accountant at our De Pere, Wisconsin plant. De Pere is located 10 miles outside of Green Bay, Wisconsin.
* Prepare general ledger entries, which includes running reports and conducting analysis of financial records and files.
* Prepares financial reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system, consolidation and reporting system, and various subsystems in use at Atkore.
* Maintains information to support and document accounting records, such as reports, account reconciliations, and other analysis.
* Maintaining and reconciling capital expenditures/fixed assets.
* Perform accounting close and reporting activities in timely and accurate manner.
* Analyze and verify financial information.
* Maintain and update standard costs on an annual basis.
* Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
* Completion of other duties and ad-hoc requests as assigned.
* Responsible for understanding and compliance with Atkore policies for accounting and internal control.
* Maintain strict confidentiality of company information, financial or otherwise.
* Support the consistent application of internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley compliance audit activity.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
* 5-8 years of accounting experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Understanding of accounting theory and application.
* Understanding of the interrelationship of Balance Sheet and P&L Accounts and statements.
* Understanding of reporting formats, terminology and methodology.
* Ability to quickly learn and utilize various software applications and financial reporting tools.
* Ability to quickly and efficiently research and interpret financial data.
* Prior experience with general ledger system, JDE and SAP preferred.
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match and flexible spending accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Our dedicated employees are recognized around the world for their commitment to our customers' success, combining product innovation, collaborative service and providing the broadest line of products into an offering that ensures they can operate as efficiently as possible.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
* Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer (minorities/women/the disabled/protected veterans).
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters here.