Quality Manager 7/25/2018
CST Industries Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
We are looking for a Quality Manager in our Parsons, KS location.
This position is responsible for maintaining and improving the elements of the Quality Management System and being the driver for a culture of quality at the Parsons, KS facility in accordance with CST, ISO and API guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Drive targeted, sustainable improvements in QDCI that is tied to Strategic Deployment and Daily Management by leveraging lean tools, consulting skills and change management processes.
* Manage the ISO/API Document Control System.
* Assist in the collation of monthly performance data generated from internal defects and customer complaints through QMS.
* Be an active leader in SD and Daily Management reviews.
* Promote and facilitate Team Member development in various lean tools and Kaizen leadership.
* Lead the utilization of lean tools to improve quality throughout the facility.
* Drive systemic changes in the quality system.
* Ensure the development of the quality system in accordance with ISO 9001 standards.
* Communicate requirements and customer concerns to the team in an effective, professional manner in the form of leading training sessions and daily briefs.
* Manage supplier audits and their processes in accordance with CST guidelines.
* Interface with others both internal and external to the company and communicate quality challenges in a professional and effective manner.
* Manage the facility s equipment calibration program.
* Manage the external testing of materials and products as required.
* Specify inspection equipment and prepare and manage department budget.
* Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
* Updates job knowledge by studying trends and developments in Quality Management/Quality Assurance. Participates in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s Degree preferred.
* 3 years experience in a lean environment.
* Ability to champion CI and develop and install best practices across diverse environments.
* Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
* Ability to provide dynamic, participant-centered training.
* Must have data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work within and be an active member of cross-functional teams.
* Experience with implementation and sustainment of Quality Systems.
About CST Industries
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes and specialty covers. With over 120+ years of heritage and 350,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers, and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam. CST offers attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, STD, paid vacation, 401k and an EAP program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and background verification checks as permitted by state law.
***CST Industries, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails regarding this posting.***
CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance.
CST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply Now
Refer to a Friend