Manager, SAP Master Data 7/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Manager, SAP Master Data works with a wide variety of stakeholders across lines of business, operations, risk, and SAP to help ensure that the people, processes, and technology required to drive sustainable improvements in our Master data quality and increase the value of our Master Data as a strategic asset are operating effectively and efficiently.
* Develop and implement master data management strategy with input from key stakeholders
* Identify and define business requirements impacting master data strategy
* Drive life cycle data management
* Lead the MD team in
* Developing global/enterprise focused data definitions, business rules and standards for master data
* Managing master data projects and coordinating with stakeholders to ensure milestone dates are met
* Developing, monitoring and enforcing data management policies, procedures, and standards
* Ensuring master data quality is maintained through analysis, validation and audit procedures
* Resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs)
* Lead change initiatives to ensure that the introduction of undesirable impacts to data definition, maintenance, quality and/or consumption are minimized
* Lead data initiatives and analysis, building cross-team relationships.
* Work with subject matter experts and process owners to improve data quality
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
* BS/BA in Information Management, Computer/Information Science, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or other related field
* 8+ years of SAP Master Data experience, experience within a manufacturing environment preferred. SAP Master Data Experience should include expert level understanding of Material Master, Vendor Master, BOM, Routing, Production, Customer Master, Quality etc.
* A minimum of 3 years experience leading a team required
* Proven ability to design business processes for managing data throughout the lifecycle
* Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and managing multiple stakeholders at multiple facilities
* Strong understanding of data management best practices in areas such as metadata management, data quality management, root cause analysis, process design and master and reference data management
* Excellent computer skills including advanced skills in Excel, SAP APO, & SAP ECC.
* Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Ability to work collaboratively with business stakeholders across geographically distributed sites.
* Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time is required.
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, and lift/carry 25 lbs. Use phone, fax, computer, copier and hand tools. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem-solve, make decisions, supervise, plan, communicate, prepare written communications and prepare transaction documents.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.