Digital eCommerce Manager 7/25/2018
Global Knowledge Training LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY -------------------------
DIGITAL ECOMMERCE MANAGER
Global Knowledge is the world s leading IT and business skills training provider. Offering the most relevant and timely content delivered by the best instructors, we provide customers around the world with their choice of convenient class times, delivery methods and formats to accelerate their success. Our business skills solutions teach essential communications skills, business analysis, project management, ITIL service management, process improvement and leadership development. With thousands of courses spanning from foundational training to specialized certifications, our core IT training is focused on technology partners such as Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Citrix, IBM, Juniper, Microsoft, Red Hat and VMware. We offer comprehensive professional development for technologies like big data, cloud, cyber security and networking.
Founded in 1995, Global Knowledge employs more than 1,300 people worldwide and is headquartered in Cary, N.C. Learn more at www.globalknowledge.com.
Global Knowledge, the world's leading learning services, and professional development solutions provider is looking for a Digital eCommerce Manager to join the Marketing team in North America. In this role, you ll be responsible for ensuring Global Knowledge puts our best foot forward online both in North America and globally. Touching various elements of website management including the website development roadmap, customer experience, best practices and more.
A keen enabler for growing, optimizing, and maintaining our online eCommerce performance and experience. This role will work alongside our digital marketing team, liaising with peers to ensure that everything is connected and top notch!
This person needs to have a proactive customer-first approach, and the ability to execute tasks professionally and on time.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Owner of the content management system
* Managing the website development roadmap: gathering requirements, building requirements, working with resources for production, quality assurance, and leading to deployment.
* Working with external agencies and partners for development activities
* Working with internal departments and resources to ensure seamless business processes and enhancements
* Monitoring of performance, trends, and opportunities to improve eCommerce performance
* Including but not limited to:
* Optimizing the eCommerce conversion rates
* Health and management of product performance
* Improving the website experience and looking for new growth opportunities
* Gather and interpret online analytics, heat maps, and more to optimize and improve the user experience
* Act as front-line support for website issues, and support inquiries related to the cms, and or other related platforms
* Identify, develop and recommend new ways of working for Global Knowledge based on evolving digital landscape
* Research market to discover new trends and technologies to improve website performance
* Develop and share best practices with the global and local team
* Other job-related duties assigned by your manager
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to balance short-term gains with long-term impact. Ability to foresee the long-term impact of those short-term gains and properly utilize that knowledge to determine the appropriate next steps
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS / EDUCATION
* Track record of driving a successful eCommerce business through marketing (likely about 3-5 years of experience)
* Hands on experience of implementing website improvements, processes and enhancements
* Previous experience in documenting website requirements and scoping documents.
* Advanced knowledge of:
* CMS (Umbraco, and or Sitecore would be a bonus)
* Developer terminology
* Heating map, and UX platforms
* Google Analytics
* Knowledge of:
* Google Analytics
* Paid Search
Supervisory Responsibilities None
Diversity is part of the way we think. EOE