Technical Customer Service Specialist (Contract - Perm) 7/25/2018
Harvard Business Publishing
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE OPPORTUNITY
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University, reporting into Harvard Business School. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. This mission influences how we approach what we do here and what we believe is important.
The Technical Customer Service Specialist is a member of the support team that provides technical support to external customers worldwide.
As a Technical Customer Service Specialist, you will become a front-line member of Harvard Business Publishing's Customer Service team. You will provide a blend of customer service as well as technical and product support for a range of exclusive content and product offerings via our Higher Education, Corporate Learning and HBR.org website experiences.
Our customer base is global, and spans all levels of technical aptitude. Our goal is to continually improve the customer experience. Harvard Business Publishing's Customer Service Contact Center utilizes state of the art systems to conduct customer interactions via phone, email, chat and text messaging. The Technical Customer Service Specialist role is critical in capturing the voice of the customer and strives to provide the best possible customer experience, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
Product offerings include web- based simulations, online learning tools and tutorials, ebooks, digital case studies and articles as well as digital and print subscriptions for the Harvard Business Review
Website support includes helping Professors navigate the Higher Education website to search for products, build course packs, set up and run online learning tools, and help students access their assigned course packs. It also includes helping registered users of the HBR.org site as well as well as digital and print subscribers of the Harvard Business Review magazine.
The hours for this position are, Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 6:00PM located in our Brighton office. This position requires flexibility to cover an occasional U.S. holiday.
* Minimum of one-year prior client service experience in a technical customer service role utilizing strong troubleshooting techniques, ideally in a Contact Center or customer facing environment
* Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Other languages a plus
* Detail oriented, decisive and highly motivated with excellent follow-through ability
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal skills, proven listening skills with the ability to explain technical information to non-technical people in a clear, empathetic, well organized manner via telephone, email, chat and test messaging
* Quickly assimilate technical concepts and new technology using available tools and resources to efficiently troubleshoot and interpret data to solve client needs
* Proficiency with web collaboration tools, ticketing systems and/or learning management platforms
* Strong troubleshooting skills with common browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox and a high-level understanding of Apple and Android based mobile devices.
* Actively listen and assess client needs, autonomously utilize tools and training to find solutions to those needs, and take ownership of the interaction until final resolution
* A minimum of a four- year degree from an accredited college
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes a broad range of medical and dental coverage options; short and long-term disability benefits; medical/dental and dependent care flexible spending accounts; basic and contributory life insurance; retirement and savings benefits; a competitive paid time-off program, and Harvard (HBP/HU) perks. Located in Brighton Landing compound next to the new practice arena for Bruins and Celtics, NB Fitness Club Facility, and Boston Landing commuter rail stop. We offer free parking and shuttle services, discounted T Passes. Plus, early release, summer Fridays..
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law.