Senior Strategic Relationship Manager 7/25/2018
Harvard Business Publishing
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) is in search of a Senior Strategic Relationship Manager (SSRM), who will develop and enhance corporate sales of HBP solutions. Through relationship building, the SSRM will partner with senior and executive level decision makers at companies and organizations across a specific territory to deliver corporate leadership development that contributes to strategy execution and business success. The SSRM will actively uncover the needs of the corporations and with a consultative approach present HBP solutions to key decision-makers in a defined set of key strategic accounts in the corporate market. The SSRM will be responsible for maintaining and expanding existing client relationships as well as building new client relationships. In all cases the goal is to create long-term business relationships with these corporations and organizations, based on the measureable results that are delivered.
Our mission is to improve the practice of management and its impact in a changing world.
Founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University, today HPB has approximately 375 employees both in Boston and an expanding global footprint.
HBP s Corporate Learning Division targets enterprises that recognize leadership development as a source of competitive advantage. The Corporate Learning group has been an entrepreneurial, high growth business within HBP with more than $70 million in revenues, having doubled in size over the last three years and with similar growth expectations over the coming business cycle.
The Corporate Learning team s expertise is in creating rich, interactive learning experiences that develop leaders who can think on their feet and make smart decisions at crucial moments. The team brings together the best mix of content and services to meet its customers needs and objectives, delivering the right learning solution when and where it s needed most, and following up to make sure the experience is delivering the required result.
* Bachelor degree. MBA preferred. At least 7-10 years of strategic sales/account management experience in a learning/training/development environment, including blended learning solutions
* Exceptional strategic and consultative selling skills, as demonstrated by past success in selling to the executive level within large corporations
* Strong Business Acumen and a deep understanding of how Leadership Capability contributes to business success
* Executive presence, solution orientated, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong collaboration skills to ensure that positive relationships within HBP Corporate Learning contribute to the successful delivery of solutions
* Must be a self-starter. Strong knowledge of, and comfort with personal computers, inter/intranet technologies, and PC applications.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law.