Therapy Access Manager - Carolinas 7/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT THE COMPANY Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Therapy Access Manager.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Therapy Access Manager (TAM) is responsible for serving as the primary field-based lead for education, assistance, and issue resolution with healthcare providers (HCPs) regarding patient access and adherence to Actelion therapies. This role involves investing significant time (up to 75%) on-site with HCPs assessing their needs and facilitating collaboration with various stakeholders. Stakeholders may include Specialty Pharmacies and Payers (external) and various Actelion departments including Patient and Pharmacy Access (PPA), Market Access and Field Sales (internal).
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Interact with targeted HCPs and their staff to uncover specific needs in support of patient access and adherence to Actelion therapies. Develop and execute an action plan consisting of prioritized activities to best meet the needs of targeted HCP customers, in collaboration with CCA team members. Monitor, analyze, and triage situations which may adversely impact patient access to therapy.
* Liaise with entire Market Access department, other internal groups including sales, and medical groups, and HCPs to identify and resolve issues regarding patient access to therapies.
* Support internal and external customers regarding Pre-Certification, Prior Authorization, and Formulary Exception requirements for access to Actelion therapies.
* Serve as subject matter expert for internal and external customers regarding education on Medicare treatment guidelines, Medicaid Managed Care, commercial plans, pbm designs, policy changes, formulary status and the impact of healthcare reform on PAH coverage.
* Collaborate with HCPs to educate patients about PAH programs and services, including advocacy organizations (Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) and Scleroderma Foundation (SF)), non-profit assistance programs, and disease/product specific programs (Sure Steps, LabTrac, etc.). This may include participation in regional support groups.
* Deliver nurse, ancillary staff and patient education regarding Actelion therapies and their associated devices, in order to maximize adherence to therapy, as prescribed by HCPs, for optimal patient outcomes.
* Interact with regional policy leaders, societies, nurses, practice managers and patient organizations to monitor coverage and reimbursement issues.
* Maintain and share relevant information regarding customer contacts, prior authorization requirements, trends, competitive intelligence, policy drivers, etc. with the Market Access Department.
* Educate peers in the Customer Care Area about various elements of Market Access, including reimbursement, medical coverage policies and medical versus pharmacy benefit designs.
* Secure appropriate formulary status/medical policy and payment for Actelion products and their associated devices with targeted local payers to be assigned on an as needed basis
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma / GED
* 12 years relevant experience of which three years are experience in specialty disease state(s)
* Must live in within assigned geographic region
* College, advanced degree, or clinical license preferred
* Five years of specialty disease state experience
* Two years of reimbursement or relevant managed care experience
* Experience in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) or related areas of cardiology and/or pulmonology
* Experience and prior interaction with payer decision makers
* Proven ability to thrive in both an independent setting and in a cross functional / team environment.
* Strong clinical knowledge and solid business acumen.
* Strong organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
* Understanding of national and state legislative, Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer initiatives affecting reimbursement of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
* Excellent technical knowledge and expertise in payer policy, including all elements of reimbursement (coding, coverage and payment) is preferred.
* Success exhibiting peer leadership, mentorship and coaching to new hires as well as the rest of the team.
* Demonstrated competence with salesforce.com CRM use, native iOS app use, Microsoft Word, and Excel
* Superior communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent follow through
* Ability to develop and execute formative strategies
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement