Fire Protection Consultant 7/25/2018
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY All jobs Fire Protection Consultant
FIRE PROTECTION CONSULTANT
Aiken, South Carolina, United States * 282
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Fire Protection Consultant in Aiken, SC.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
The Consultant must have experience in Fire Protection Operational Readiness Reviews for Nuclear Facilities, with testimonial experience to DNFSB and DOE board members.
This is as needed, task based, short term assignments.
Extensive Fire Protection Programs management is required.
Specific activities may include, but are not limited to:
* Reviews and suggested revisions to Fire Protection Program Plan, F-PP-J-00001.
* Preparation of NFPA-72 and NFPA-25, and Life Safety NFPA-10, 101 and 80 Compliance Evaluations.
* Review Fire Protection portion of Operational Readiness Reviews.
* Review chemical and materials storage and provide MAQ reports.
* Assist in preparation of Readiness Reports for the Fire Protection Safety Management Program (SMP-0) in preparation for 10CFR Section 830.204
* Assist in procedure development for Conduct of Operations and Operations Procedure Proficiency Plans.
* Aid in development and execution of a Fire Protection Operational Program prior to start up.
* Contribute to DSA development and to the Fire Protection Program Plan, Assist in Fire Protection Impairment and Control Plans, and incorporation of revisions to the FPPP.
* Contribute to the SWPF Impairment Program enhancements and procedure PP-EN-5036.
* Provide SWPF Management Independent Assessments or Reports as required.
* Provide code research, calculations, or statistical analysis of information.
* Scope will require on-site evaluations at Savannah River Site, as well as remote research and support activities.
* Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
* The Consultant must have experience in Fire Protection Operational Readiness Reviews for Nuclear Facilities, with testimonial experience to DNFSB and DOE board members.
* Extensive Department of Energy Fire Protection Programs management is required.
* Fellow Society of Fire Protection Engineers (FSFPE), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), or Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE).
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
EEO Employer/Vet/DisabledApply for this job