Procedure Writer 7/25/2018
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Oak Ridge, TN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY All jobs Procedure Writer
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States * 283
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Procedure Writer in Oak Ridge, TN.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will develop new, revised, or modified technical procedures which enable personnel to safely and correctly perform tasks associated with dimensional inspection, material testing, metrology, procurement, radiography, and weld inspection.
* The writer is responsible for complying with Y15-232, Technical Procedure Process, and the TPAT.
* Position will occasionally develop or revise administrative procedures and is responsible for complying with Y15-235, Administrative Management Requirements Process, and the Administrative Procedure Authoring Tool (APAT).
* Must be familiar with the regulatory and administrative requirements affecting procedures and must determine the technical requirements that apply to the procedures by examining the following: DOE Orders and Standards; 60-101PD, Quality Assurance Program Description, and Y60-015, Integrated Quality Manual; Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) documents; and Hazard Analysis documents.
* Position will prepare, route, and control procedure drafts, coordinating procedure reviews and comment resolution.
* Position implements hazard controls, captures quality and performance data, and ensures that the procedure can be performed as written through verification and validation processes.
* Must have good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to express ideas in writing; read and interpret specifications and vendor manuals; and be knowledgeable of computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Word, Access, etc.) and/or applications.
* Position must be able to coordinate multiple assignments within a fast-paced, environment and have the ability to act independently with minimal supervision.
* Bachelor s degree with 20+ years professional experience in a commercial/weapons complex facility. In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a technical background with 25 years professional experience in a commercial/weapons complex facility may be considered and evaluated for equivalency of these requirements. Job level is based on relevant education and experience of the candidate.
* Must have an Active Department of Energy Q Clearance.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job