Procurement Specialist 7/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join our high performing procurement team purchasing materials, equipment and services for all U.S. locations. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this position is responsible for all aspects of commodity management, supplier development/management and vendor negotiations.
* Reviewing purchase requests for completeness and compliance with company requirements
* Negotiating with vendors to ensure the best deal for the company
* Maintaining and updating purchase orders, procurement systems and documentation
* Monitor the cost, schedule and performance metrics of both contracts and subcontracts
* Develop new supply sources; and work with management to address all aspects of commodity management including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing and product availability
* Determine and implement solutions regarding distribution of business, negotiation or commodity strategy, supplier management, source of supply, etc.
* Lead complex projects and initiatives to ensure cost and quality goals for material, supplies, equipment, and services are met
* Act as the SAP super user for the procurement function
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and 10+ years of procurement experience
* Able to effectively handle a variety of non-routine and difficult inquiries
* Able to influence the integration of sourcing guidelines, relative to assigned commodity group, into the client s business requirements.
* Prior procurement experience in SAP ECC 6.0 or above
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* CSPM/APICS certification
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.