Logistics Specialist I 7/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding mission: Patients First. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed s 1,000 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Do you enjoy staying active in your daily work* Do you enjoy the responsibility of making sure a life-saving product can be assembled and shipped out to patients in need* Would you appreciate the opportunity work hard and grow your career with a top-performing medical device company* If so, consider this entry level Logistics role with ABIOMED!
The entry-level Logistics Specialist will assit in multiple areas within the Operations department. Daily tasks will vary, and will include both Shipper/Receiver and PTO ("pick to order") Clerk functions, involving receiving and verifying in-coming material and supplies, preparing and shipping finished product to customers and ABIOMED field support, picking material and kitting product to build fished goods, receiving and delivering mail. This individual will provide additional support to the Operations group as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Receive, unpack, and warehouse in-coming materials and supplies
* Check in-coming goods against documentation
* Sort and count materials, supplies and finished goods as needed
* Pick and pack material for shipment
* Prepare necessary documents for shipping goods
* May perform kitting, labeling, or other duties prior to shipping products
* May be required to operate a forklift or other loading/stacking heavy equipment
* Perform data entry into associated data systems, SAP knowledge a plus
* Entry level position - No experience required, some shipping/receiving experience preferred. Medical device experience a plus.
* High School graduate, or equivalent experience required.
* Excellent communication & customer service skills
* Ability to read, write, and speak English
* Ability to utilize basic math skills
* Attention to detail with the ability to follow SOPs
* Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner under general supervision
* Computer literacy required, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferred
* The ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs is required.
The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, climb, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift and / or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and / or move up to 75 lbs.
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.