Plumbing Service / Repair Technician 7/26/2018
Acco Engineered Systems
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ACCO is looking for a Plumbing Service/Repair Technician to join our Plumbing Division in the San Diego Area!
ACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work.
ACCO's Plumbing Service/Repair Technician positions are dispatched through the union locals. We encourage you to apply if you are interested in joining the union for this role. SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING*
Under the direction of the Plumbing Service Sales Manager, the Plumbing Service/Repair Technician is responsible for the following:
* Able to full fill requested dispatched service calls to customers satisfaction
* Compile completed field service work order data for invoicing.
* Knowledge of Below & Above grade plumbing systems (Waste, Vent, Domestic water, Soft water, Industrial, Compressed air, Natural gas, Storm drain, Pumped systems, Condensate drains and other related systems)
* Knowledge of Fixtures/Equipment: Water heaters, Boilers, Pumps, Ejectors, Drains, Floor sinks, Toilets, Lavs, Urinals, Backflow and PRV devices, etc.
* Knowledge of plumbing methods: Solder, Brazing, Tinning, Grooving, Pressing, Fusion, Mechanical Joints, Solvent Weld, and Threading.
* Able to operate the following machines: performing Sewer cable, Hydro jetting, Camera & Pipe location, Groove, Pro-press, Mega-Press, Freeze machines and other required for service works
* Proficient in Trouble Shooting and repair of emergency plumbing problems
* Collaborate as necessary with service Project Manager to complete service calls.
* Follow up with clients to insure satisfaction of completed job prior to vacating facility.
* Collaborate with AAP operations manager (Mark O Connor) with equipment/tools/vehicles/repairs and replacement needs.
* Fulfill any other requested service needs with the goal of supporting this department.
* Markets: Health Care Services, Hospitality, High Rises, Property Management, Retail and Restaurant experience recommended
* Areas: Los Angeles, Orange Country Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura and San Diego counties
* Maintains a good Driving Record
* Normal Business Hours are Monday Friday, 5:00 am to 5:00 pm.
* Available (upon demand) for emergency calls after hours, weekends and holidays (overtime pay).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE PART OF THE TEAM*
Position Requirements (Skills, Work Experience, Education, Certifications, Licenses, etc.):
* 3 years min experience in the commercial plumbing Service & Repair business
* Self-motivated, Energetic, Ambitious and a Positive attitude
* Knowledge of current local plumbing codes
* Excellent customer relations and professional communication skills
* Professional conduct and able to represent company image and reputation with its clients
* Good time management
* Basic written communication skills
* Attention to detail and ability to organize
* Able to learn and adapt to existing and new programs and processes.
* Organized with ability to complete specific task as directed.
* Team player and able to achieve assigned performance goals.
* Able to demonstrate consistent and reliable attendance.
* Good Multi-tasking
* Basic understanding of Microsoft Office including MS Word and MS Excel Word
* Able to utilize google applications including Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
* Computer & Smart-phone skills accommodating electronic field-to-office software and communications
* Internet Product data searches, Tutorials
* Electronic office to field communication
* Service software utilization
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally more with the assistance of proper lifting equipment.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
* The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb on ladders or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of job requirements).
Do you have what it takes* Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once you ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences matches our needs, you ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment | Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law|Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision |At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.