Project Engineer 7/26/2018
Acco Engineered Systems
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for a Project Engineer in San Francisco, CA office!
ACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work.
General Description: Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, with indirect supervision and daily instruction from assigned Project Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING*
1. Surveying existing buildings (for retrofits), identifying opportunities for improvement, and gathering necessary data regarding energy use, building functions, and structural characteristics.
2. Completing preliminary designs, proposal data, and costs.
3. Collaborating with our Purchasing Department regarding price, delivery, and other specs for purchased items.
4. Coordinating installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders.
5. Supervising jobs onsite as required, including leveraging your design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent operational problems.
6. Assisting in writing letters, memos, contracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project.
7. Providing the customer with energy performance data.
8. Other duties as directed by partnering Project Managers, Sales Management, or Engineering leadership.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM*
1. BS in Engineering; Mechanical concentration strongly preferred
2. 5+ years experience in estimating, design, and prosecution of HVAC projects, ideally including some field/construction site experience
3. High sense of integrity
4. Solid organizational and time management abilities
5. Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
Professional level for the following:
1. Adaptability and Flexibility
2. Effective Communication
3. Work Management
4. Integrity and Trust
5. Customer Service
6. Business Knowledge
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
* The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
* OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
* APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
* INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
* STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
* GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
* WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
* Company Culture of Excellence Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
* Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
* Education Reimbursement Program for career development
* United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
* Competitive benefits package and 401k
Do you have what it takes* Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once you ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences matches our needs, you ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.