Sr. HVAC Project Manager 7/26/2018
Acco Engineered Systems
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with HVAC knowledge to join our Las Vegas, NV team!
ACCO has reached $1 billion in 2017 which means we are growing! We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work. In addition, employees at ACCO enjoy the benefits of being stakeholders of the company; ACCO is 100% employee-owned !
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING*
As a Project Manager, you will be working under the direction of the Senior Vice President of the Southern California Mechanical Construction Group. This position will be primarily responsible for the business development, sales engineering and estimating, project management and closure of construction contracts. Successful performers in this position will have the ability to develop, maintain and enhance ongoing client relationships.
* The SR Project Manager utilizes and coordinates staff from all departments, as needed, for each project. During the life of a project, the SR Project Manager manages and supervises employees assigned to the project. The Project Manager is the single source responsibility to ACCO and the customer.
* Flexibility/ Diversity - Varying work in varying locations. Team can be formed and reformed to meet the requirements of special projects.
* Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of all ACCO departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction and Service during project construction in a timely manner.
* Actively involved in recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring.
* Perform all functions required to promote and finalize sales including concept engineering, complete estimates, written proposals, review contracts and direct meetings.
* Supervise ACCO business activity from inception of sales to successful job completion.
* Prepare budget projection and control costs within agreed upon limits. Provide letters, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders, strategies, etc. for good business procedures and legal protection.
* Gain acceptance of installations and reasonable profits.
* Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors and the industry.
* Attend all ACCO Project Management Sales and Construction Meetings. Schedule and coordinate pre-construction job meetings with department heads and supervisors.
* Contribute and be part of special studies, committees, etc. to advance ACCO's technical abilities in engineering, planning and estimating, installation procedures, etc. All special assignments as directed by Management to accomplish mutually agreed upon goals.
* Accountable to the Project Group Manager, or designee, as indicated on the latest Organizational Chart for the respective office location and available to the President.
* Consult with appropriate ACCO personnel including all Management and Department Heads.
* Directly supervises Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, Job Supervisory Personnel and others.
* Maintain a community presence in an industry-based or community-based organization.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM*
* 10+ years of experience in estimating, design and management of HVAC projects from $50,000 to $25+ million
* Ability to operate independently and autonomously, and yet possess the discretionary judgment to know when it's appropriate to consult with others in the organization
* Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity
* Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business
* Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but not required
* MBA or Masters level educational degree and/or a current licensed PE are notable, but not required for candidates
* Regular and routine attendance is necessary for the role.
* This is an exempt position and therefore no set working hours.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, especially when conducting job site walks.
* Ability to drive an automobile, and a valid class c driver s license.
WHO WE ARE
ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country and the company is employee owned.
Since 1934, ACCO Engineered Systems has grown to become one of the largest mechanical contractors in the United States and a leader in the development of the design/construct approach for HVAC, plumbing, process piping, and control systems. Calling on our workforce of the highest qualified craftsmen across the nation, our specialties include heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, process piping, plumbing, building controls, engineering, construction, building automation, and service. Over the years we have combined our capabilities in engineering, fabrication, installation, commissioning, and service to meet the demands for competitive pricing, fast delivery, and high performance systems.
* Adaptability and Flexibility
* Effective Communication
* Work Management
* Integrity and Trust
* Customer Service
* Business Knowledge
WHAT\'S IN IT FOR YOU*
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
* Company Culture of Excellence Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
* Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
* Education Reimbursement Program for career development
* United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
* Competitive medical, dental, 401k
Do you have what it takes* Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once you ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences matches our needs, you ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.