Network Control Researcher - Bell Labs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/26/2018
END DATE 8/12/2018
Nokia Siemens Networks
Murray Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONBell Labs defines Nokia s technological and architectural vision for end-to-end network and service automation, identifies the key challenges in this vision, invents solutions that are an order of magnitude (10X) better than existing ones, and advises how best to transform to achieve them. We are seeking a researcher to join a team working on how to control and automate emerging highly programmable networks that enable intelligent next-generation service delivery. More specifically, our team is researching horizontal/vertical heterogeneous network control that targets all end-to-end aspects of converged access, transport, edge-fog cloud, and network services via network slicing technologies. The position involves cutting-edge research on novel end-to-end control and automation, focusing on breakthrough technologies with potential for disruptive impact on emerging networks, e.g., 5G.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
* Carry out creative research programs both individually and in collaboration with other researchers
* Drive projects from conception to functional prototypes that can be demonstrated in a system-level environment
* Interact with researchers in a wider context of Nokia s businesses to identify challenging problems and generate technological innovation for the company
* Develop end-to-end network and service automation architectures and systems by exploiting state-of-the-art Nokia products and open source projects
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with an expert level understanding of communications and networking
* Solid systems-level knowledge in communications technologies (fixed/optical networks, LTE and its evolution towards 5G) considered a plus
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills
* Ability to define and pursue a research program in synergy with the larger team (self-starter, self-organizing, and highly-motivated)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Good understanding of SDN/Edge cloud technologies
* Experience with open source projects for state-of-the-art network control and automation
* Constructive participation in creative design and concept definition
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.