Inventory & Cost Accountant II 7/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for the general ledger accounting and month end close process related to the US plants, ensuring proper valuation of inventory, proper recording of inventory movement, validating bill of materials and routings, and following appropriate controls to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare the GL accounting entries and reconciliations related to inventory and US domiciled Plants.
* Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
* Assist Plant Controller with the planning and execution of annual physical count process.
* Ensure Inventory and Cost accounting properly follows all Company policies and procedures.
* Detailed review, analysis, and coding of cost of goods sold entries and invoices.
Product costing and inventory valuation process
* Maintain the standard cost system in coordination with Operations to verify the accuracy and integrity of the bills of materials, manufacturing routings, and purchasing information records.
* Accountable for the recording and reporting of purchase price variances and manufacturing variances.
* Assist management with reporting Unit cost for manufactured productions and other variance analysis.
* Maintain collaborative relationships across functions and with external parties.
Audit and Compliance
* Work with management on all requirements related to external financial audit and other third party compliance requirements (e.g. FDA / Quality procedures)
* Coordinate with Operations to ensure appropriate rigor in the physical inventory verification process, and the coordination with external auditors regarding the results of the control process.
* Work with Management on special projects as needed.
* Provide support to liaison with the Operations Function, improve and evolve the weekly / monthly operations reporting to ensure appropriate information is reported on a timely basis.
* Follow and maintain internal controls to safeguard company s assets and ensure transactions are executed in accordance with company guidelines.
Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
Effectively managing one s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leveraging expert knowledge to accomplish results.
Working through vision and values
Keeping the organization's vision and values at the forefront of daily actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
* Proven accounting knowledge and ability under US GAAP
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong accounting and analytical/problem solving skills
* Ability to multi-task working multiple projects that are complex in nature where professional judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations.
* Excellence within MS Office Suite Excel (pivot, v-look up), PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
* Working knowledge of SAP is preferred
* Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a public company environment.
* Med Device Industry experience preferred, but not essential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled