Brewery Representative - Central New Jersey 7/26/2018
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently looking for a BREWERY REPRESENTATIVE in CENTRAL NEW JERSEY.
The Brewery Representative works autonomously to focus on developing new accounts and maintaining current accounts within the industry. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts by using consultative sales tactics.
WHAT YOULL DO:
* Sell our entire Boston Beer Company (BBC) product portfolio.
* 100% focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores/convenient stores)
* Identifying major accounts that are not being penetrated with BBC products, and developing a plan to establish business with such accounts
* Improving conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point-of-sale items to increase visibility of the brand.
* Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received and business is growing at accounts
* Conducting waitstaff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Desire to build a career in sales
* Bachelor's degree required
* 1 to 3 years of proven results-oriented experience in outside sales or within the food & beverage industry
* An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
* Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
* Excellent problem solving & communication skills
* Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
* Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
* Valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
* Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
* Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point-of-sale frequently
Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.