Process Engineer 7/26/2018
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next PROCESS ENGINEER in CINCINNATI, OH.
The process engineer identifies, evaluates, develops, designs, and implements locally initiated brewery improvements, expansion projects, bottling and packaging systems optimization, process changes, and new technologies to achieve increased productivity, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, safer operations, and improved environmental compliance.
What You'll Do:
* Collaborate with engineering for scope definition, capital cost estimates, operating cost savings development, investment justification, system design, cost value analysis, equipment design specifications, development of engineering design specifications, and supervision/management of outside consulting engineering firms and contractors
* Collaborate with engineering, operations and planning in coordination of brewery production scheduling, equipment vendors/manufacturers, outside contractors, and brewery personnel to insure compliance with project scope, schedule, and budget
* Manage project start-up, commissioning, and effective training on technology to plant operating personnel
* Ensure Boston Beer Company (BBC) safety and compliance standards are adhered to on all jobs
* Interface with brewery management and personnel to provide hands-on situational troubleshooting expertise as well as identification, investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of new and innovative projects, processes, or equipment to achieve operating cost reductions, capacity expansions, manufacturing flexibility improvement opportunities, improved product quality, and governmental compliance
* Prepare capital cost estimates and determining applicable cost savings, financial feasibility, capital risk, and ROI/NPV for new equipment, construction, and modification to existing operations and systems
* Develop business case and plan for investment in new initiatives and new technologies
* Provide technical engineering consultation, assistance, and leadership to plant personnel and staff departments on bottling/packaging/material handling/processing operations
* Lead the development of new or improved equipment/processes
* Initiate the applications of beneficial technologies into the manufacturing plants
* Supervise designer/draftsman, and outside consulting engineers as assigned, managing work scheduling, work quality, and performance
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Process, or Chemical Engineering
* 5 years combined experience in project engineering in a manufacturing environment
* Exceptional project management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated equipment/process troubleshooting skills
* Experience with operating and maintenance employee training procedures
* Value engineering expertise
* Demonstrated project/idea development skills
* Solid financial aptitude
* Knowledge of industrial control software systems
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills
* Experience with Employee Engagement and High Performance Workplace environments
* Brewing experience is highly desired
* Extensive practical experience with high-speed bottling/packaging operations in food/beverage industries is preferred but not required
* Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
* Working conditions:
* There is frequent exposure to warehouse/production environments subject to noise and cold/hot temperature changes.
Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.