Systems Engineer, Senior - FAA 7/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position: Senior Systems Engineer
This position will provide experienced systems engineering support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 6-10+ equivalent years of experience in systems engineering and analysis and 10+ total years of experience. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Defense, or other federal agencies is desired. A Master s degree or PhD is desired and may count for additional years of experience.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from this position if the work is similar, related, and/or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
* Support strategic mission, program mission and investment analysis activities.
* Develop operational concepts and their translation into NextGen capabilities, operational improvements, and performance requirements.
* Record and track system requirements and update requirements and other systems engineering documents
* Develop, analyze, and decompose system requirements
* Assist in requirements definition and decomposition
* Develop and assess system and program alternatives
* Support operational and development analysis, technology evolution plans and transition strategies and be able to identify and assess systems alternative solutions, gaps, shortfalls and risks.
* Participate in project teams with process owners, developers and architects on design and implementation.
* Participate in design reviews, program reviews and technical interchange meetings.
* Work with program staff to ensure that requirements development is aligned with system development activities.
* Contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and foster cooperative working relationships. Expertise in all aspects of the Systems Engineering and Software Development Life Cycle relevant to FAA systems.
Bachelor s degree in engineering, math, or related scientific field required. A Master s degree or PhD is strongly desired (advanced degrees may count for additional years of experience).
* Extensive experience managing client relationships.
* Extensive and detailed knowledge of FAA NAS systems, investment analysis, solution development & implementation, and engineering practices
* High level of proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other MS Office Products.
* Strong analytical background and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be comfortable making presentations, including to C-Level clients. Federal Government systems engineering, specifically related to large systems acquisition within the FAA.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company
Cobec is an equal opportunity employer.