Modern Healthcare Editorial Intern 7/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Modern Healthcare is looking for an Editorial Intern to provide editorial support. This is a part-time position working approximately 20 hours per week in our newsroom overlooking Millennium Park.
* Producing and laying out online versions of print stories
* Gathering research for stories
* Possible reporting and writing
* Additional web responsibilities
* Currently pursuing Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related program
* At least 1 year of work or internship experience in a professional multi-platform newsroom assisting with writing, researching, and producing visual content to accompany stories
* Basic level of experience using Adobe Creative Suite or photo editing software, HTML and/or CSS
* Experience positing to social platforms for a brand/newsroom setting
* Comfortable manipulating data via Excel
* Basic level of experience using social media analytics software
* Proficient and effective communication skills in the English language
* Ability to demonstrate strong writing and communication skills, excellent grasp of grammar and style
* Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
* Bachelor's degree or higher, Journalism or related preferred
* Experience assisting an editorial team at a print or digital media outlet covering beats such as business or health/science
* Experience pitching story ideas and writing articles of various lengths for digital publication
* Basic photo editing and infographic creation skills
* Experience using Google Analytics, Hootsuite, or Oracle
Modern Healthcare is the industry's leading source of healthcare business and policy news, research and information. We report on important healthcare events and trends, as they happen, through our weekly print magazine, websites, e-newsletters, mobile products and events. Our readers use that information to make informed business decisions and lead their organizations to success. It's for this reason that Modern Healthcare magazine is ranked No. 1 in readership among healthcare executives.
Click HERE to visit us in our Chicago office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can't get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.