QC Data Services Analyst 7/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Analyst for QC Data Services provides administrative support for LIMS administration functions involving the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) including creation, review, and/or execution of system configuration, user access, data analytics, and crystal reports.
- Create, review, execute testing and implementing LIMS and data analytic reporting solutions.
- Work Closely with QA, IT, CSV and other functional business units and users to implement solutions dictated by change management systems.
- Design of new functionality and overall system improvements for data analytics.
- Assist LIMS Administrator in day to day application management with creation, review and/or execution of administrative activities for the SampleManager LIMS software. Including:
o User account administration
o System configurations
- Assist LIMS Administrator in day to day application management with creation, review and/or execution of administrative activities for the Crystal Reports Software. Including:
o Creation of efficient SQL queries for data retrieval.
o Report generation, testing, and documentation for deployment.
o Data export
- Responsible for maintaining standards of data quality and data integrity in our electronic and hybrid systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
Bachelor s degree required.
Minimum 2 years of direct work experience with database systems in a laboratory environment.
Knowledge of Transact SQL or similar query language.
Experience creating, testing and deploying Crystal Reports or similar reporting tool.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- High level of motivation and independence
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and in teams
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 50lbs, pull 50lbs. Use phone, fax, copier, computer, hand tools, autoclave, 96 well plate reader, microscope. Work in Outdoors, noise above conversation level, hot/cold temperatures, high humidity, ventilation needed, multiple locations, restricted access laboratory, contact with select agents and biocontainment building environment. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, prepare transaction document.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.