Linux Systems Engineer 7/26/2018
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
About the Role
The Systems Engineer will perform architecture, implementation, administration, configuration, monitoring, updating and documentation of the FireMon operating system (FMOS). The Systems Engineer s responsibilities also entail application/OS upgrades, performance tuning, problem resolution, storage administration, security administration, capacity planning, policy administration, change management, disaster recovery, backup planning and systems analysis.
The Systems Engineer should demonstrate the ability to assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the company s server operation and make recommendations for implementation. The Systems Engineer will demonstrate expertise in front and back-end system technologies in enterprise environments and display common knowledge of best practices in many different server technologies. The Systems Engineer will serve as the primary contact for Application Owners of key systems.
* Perform root cause analysis of device or systemic failures.
* Implementation of proposed LAN, WAN, and cloud based technology solutions
* Design and maintain deployment and configuration automation procedures and implementations
* Maintain secure and scalable operating system and application environments
* Configure and maintain software build and packaging tools and processes
* Develop and maintain tools and software to simplify management of operating systems and applications
* Retain current and accurate knowledge and understanding of information systems and security best practices and technologies
* Install, configure, and maintain hardware and server systems for internal development needs
* Analyze and improve system and hardware performance and reliability
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
* Systems level development experience in Linux or UNIX. CentOS/RHEL experience a plus.
* Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems. PCI or other security standardization experience a plus.
* Hands on experience in scripting or programming languages (Python, Bash)
* Ability to develop tools to monitor, measure and maintain systems
* Experience with configuration management utilities (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
* Understanding of operating system (especially Linux) installation an deployment automation
* Flexible and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
* Possess a positive attitude and work well with others
* Exercising sound business judgment while displaying professional and appropriate behavior
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of Networking concepts, nomenclature, familiarity with Firewalls, Routers, Load balancers.
* Familiarity with Linux package management and distribution
* Experience in LDAP, RADIUS and/or Active Directory a plus
* Source control management, particularly Git, and collaborative development workflows.
FireMon is the No.1 provider of Intelligent Security Management solutions worldwide, combining advanced benchmarking, simulation, and analysis to deliver next generation security intelligence. Since creating the first-ever network security management solution 15 years ago, FireMon solutions have continued to deliver visibility into and control over complex network security infrastructure, policies, and risk to over 1,500 customers around the world.
Using the FireMon Intelligent Security Management platform, today s leading enterprise organizations, government agencies, and managed security providers have dramatically improved effectiveness of network defenses, accelerating business agility optimizing return on investment.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking company like FireMon, is the huge impact employees have on the overall product and business. Each person s work directly affects the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business. Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across departments to learn new aspects of the company.
We truly believe in hiring sincere, driven and upbeat geniuses that get jazzed about solving complex problems that impact the world. Our success comes from promoting a balanced work/life program and making it priority to have a great time while building an extraordinary company.
*FireMon does not offer Sponsorship or relocation*