Senior Technician (Physiology Team), Cell Biology - New York, NY 7/26/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Firmenich is the largest private company in the Fragrance & Flavors industry, founded in 1895 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Led by our passion for taste and smell, we put our creativity and innovation to work to develop fragrances and flavors for the world s most desirable brands, delighting billions of consumers every day.
SENIOR TECHNICIAN (PHYSIOLOGY TEAM) CELLULAR BIOLOGY
We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organized senior technician to join a physiology laboratory as part of a cutting-edge research program in the Chemical Senses. The incumbent will join a discovery team in New York City to elucidate the cellular and molecular mechanisms of olfaction. There will be considerable on-the-job training, but prior experience working in a biology laboratory is essential. The candidate must possess basic scientific training, familiarity with technical scientific language, and proficiency with computers. The position will require independent planning and reliable performance of key duties. Experience in neurophysiology is preferred. The successful candidate must also be comfortable working as part of a team and possess the flexibility to adapt to changing team needs.
* Assist in laboratory maintenance (stock common supplies, autoclave glassware, upkeep laboratory equipment, and prepare common buffers and cell culture media).
* Troubleshoot and optimize procedures and protocols.
* Provide assistance to team members during key experimental activities and operate standard equipment/procedures independently.
* Participate in lab meetings and discussions.
* Maintain proper laboratory records.
* Support documentation for MSDS and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Maintain high safety standards within the lab.
* M.S. in Biology, or related field, with 2+ years experience in an academic or industry R&D laboratory, or B.S. in Biology, or related field, with 5+ years experience.
* Experience with in vivo models.
* Maintains concise, accurate records and is highly organized.
* Ability and motivation to quickly acquire new skills and develop creative solutions.
* Spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software proficiency.