Chemical Process Engineer 7/26/2018
Fram Group Operations LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Plating Process Engineer position at Autolite is part of the Manufacturing Engineering organization, whose primary focus is to drive productivity through the development of core manufacturing process - in specific Nickel Plating. The Plating Process Engineer will be responsible for ensuring successful operation of metal finishing lines in a multi-shift manufacturing plant. The Plating Process Engineer will be required to execute key projects that are aligned to the overall Autolite manufacturing vision and strategy in Spartanburg. In this position, the Plating Process Engineer will be responsible for flawlessly executing the implementation of nickel plating process changes, identifying gaps in our plating process and implementing changes to close gaps. The Plating Process Engineer will also be expected to drive continuous process improvements within existing Black Oxide and Plating processes in support of the Autolite manufacturing strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Safety must follow all safety and environmental guidelines and be cognizant of the dangers associated with chemicals used.
* Oversees operation of automated barrel finishing lines.
* Monitors, troubleshoots, and implements corrective actions to finishing processes.
* Directs and trains plating operators.
* Recommends process changes to reduce costs, while maintaining or improving product quality.
* Conducts testing of plating baths and other process solutions and ensures that they are maintained within proper concentrations and operating parameters.
* Ensures that process wastes are properly treated and disposed of in accordance with all applicable regulations.
* Maintains finishing lines and laboratory in an orderly fashion and ensures that equipment is kept in good repair and proper calibration.
* Keeps abreast of new developments in the field through periodicals, contact with chemical suppliers, and membership in technical societies.
* Ensures that the finishing lines and laboratory are stocked with needed chemicals & supplies.
* Authority and record keeper for site on all chemicals and waste disposal.
* Ensures compliance of Wastewater Permit and Air Permit.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Materials.
A minimum of three years electroplating experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with barrel plating, sulfamate nickel plating, and black oxide finishes is strongly preferred.
Expertise in electroplating and related finishing processes. CEF or higher AESF certification is preferred.
Strong familiarity with laboratory practices and equipment. Experience with titrations and the operation of analytical instruments.
Computer skills to include spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software. An understanding of Design of Experiments and familiarity with DOE software is a plus.