Operations Manager/Service Delivery Manager 7/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AFRL Operations Manager/Service Delivery Manager
An experienced IT Operations Manager located in Rome, NY, in charge of IT service delivery, leading an Operational environment and IT Operations staff, and ensuring the AFRL RRS Operations environment is stable and incrementally improved through the use of Industry best practices, processes, procedures.
- Reports to the AFRL RRS Operations Program Manager (PM)
- Interacts with PM and customer base to ensure project plans are built and followed
- Applies operational IT technical expertise and knowledge to define, understand, diagram and document service delivery/business processes and procedures at the macro and micro level
- Leads/Oversees/supervises technical staff, holding regular staff meetings, and ensures adequate personnel coverage for hours of AFRL operations
- Responsible for overseeing/ensuring enterprise IT infrastructure and help desk operations, network operations, information assurance, database development, and systems administration
- Responsible for ensuring successful, quality delivery of services and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for ensuring/enforcing corporate and site-specific policies and procedures throughout program, introducing incremental improvement. Recommends, documents and reviews new processes as needed assesses processes on a regular, periodic basis to ensure processes and procedures employed continue to meet the business needs of the customer and/or when changes to the Air Force or site-specific regulations are implemented. Trains staff on new process/change usage
- Responsible for all program documentation. Serves as the principal owner/keeper of all business processes and documentation
- Communicates with senior level executives/customers as well as core project teams; elicits requirements from SMEs, customers and stakeholders through interviews and artifact/ document analysis; and interprets customer/staff business needs and translates them into operational process requirements
- Available on-site for 8 hours/day between the hours of 0700 -1700 Monday through Friday.
- Conducts periodic audits and determines and documents/enacts necessary corrective action. Provide unbiased assessment of audit results.
- Assists in PM role when PM is out of the office
- Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain/maintain one
- 7-10 years of IT work experience at the operational/functional level with knowledge of emerging technologies
- Must have a broad understanding of various IT disciplines such as System/Network Administration, Help Desk and Support, Information Assurance
- 3+ years documenting business/operational IT processes
- 2+ years of financial management experience
- 3 years supervisory/management expertise/experience in a dynamic IT services environment managing a diverse staff of more than 20 personnel
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts of Quality Management/Risk Management and applicable knowledge of business practices within an IT environment
- Experience creating flowcharts and process models/diagrams, documenting, testing, reviewing and auditing of controlled IT processes and procedures.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office 2010 with special emphasis on using advanced features of Excel, Word, MS Project, MS Visio, MS SharePoint and PowerPoint
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4 Year Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline
- Documented, proven operational IT work experience in support of the areas of responsibility
- Familiarity with Air Force/DoD guidance, regulations and directives
- PMP and/or MCT
- ITIL Intermediate Certification in Operational Support or Service Operation certification and proven experience implementing ITIL within a support organization
CDO Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V