Field Services Engineer - Central/Eastern US (Ohio, Carolinas, Pennsylvania, Illinois) 7/26/2018
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
FIELD SERVICES ENGINEER - CENTRAL/EASTERN US (OHIO, CAROLINAS, PENNSYLVANIA, ILLINOIS)
Posted Date 1 month ago(7/10/2018 2:17 PM)
Technical Service - Field Service Engineering
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER CENTRAL / EASTERN US (OHIO, CAROLINAS, PENNSYLVANIA, ILLINOIS)
Category: Technical Service - Field Service Engineering
Business Unit: Virtek
For more than four decades, Gerber Technology has been a leading developer of software and hardware solutions that transform manufacturing. At this time our Virtek business is looking to expand our team within the United States. The Virtek product line leads in its markets as a provider of precision laser-based templating and inspection solutions serving customers in the aerospace, prefabricated construction, transportation and manufacturing and heavy equipment industries. These solutions enable customers to produce their products better, faster and at a lower cost.
Candidates located near a major airport preferred.
* System Installation and Training
* Perform simulations to position and optimize projector system layout.
* Install and train customers on various laser based projection and inspection systems.
* Test and validate operation of newly installed machines and software.
* Troubleshoot systems.
* Service & Troubleshooting
* Test/diagnose and observe electrical, electronic and mechanical components and systems using testing and measuring instruments.
* Diagnose/troubleshoot and repair electric, electro-mechanical, mechanical and optical equipment.
* Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other mechanical related devices.
* Carry out preventative maintenance programs to ensure proper machine performance keeping required maintenance records.
* Provide phone and on-line support to customers as required.
* Customer follow-up.
* Collect and maintain quality metrics.
* Update customer service tracking systems
* Associate's degree, military school or equivalent
* 2 plus years of experience in the field or related field
* Ability to read technical documentation including wiring diagrams
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
* 2 years technical customer service experience; position requires direct customer contact
* Fluency in languages in addition to English an asset
* Competent in the use of Windows based software including MS Word and Excel
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, following all prescribed directives and protocols.
* Flexibility to travel up to 75% of the time
* Ability to climb ladders and lift equipment over 50 lbs required. Work environments may vary.
Please apply under Careers at: Www.gerbertechnology.com
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 252-6257