Industrial Design Director 7/26/2018
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As the Industrial Design Director, your role will be to us creatively solve design problems for our brands. You will support the Head of Design and Strategy in managing large segments of our business while fostering creativity within the design team through new product & process development. This individual will need strong project management skills as they will be juggling priorities for multiple clients at once. In this role, you will help our team ensure that each brand's strategic vision solves a business problem, on budget, and on time while successfully navigating positive client relations and building a strong rapport. You will be responsible for helping to position our agency as a strategic and collaborative subject matter expert, while building new design prototypes for market research and design confirmation with an emphasis on consumer engagement.
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or related field . Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum 8 years of experience in packaging or product design, preferably at a Director or Senior level
* Expert understanding of product form language, ergonomics, user-centered design, design for manufacturability and product interaction
* Well-rounded portfolio showcasing a deep understanding of SolidWorks, Keyshot, Cintiq+Sketchbook Pro, Analog sketching and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
* 5+ years of working with other functional areas such as engineering, production, and product marketing
* Mastery of CAD design for complex surface models intended for engineering reviews
* Ability to efficiently present ideas elegantly and compellingly at every stage of development, from brainstorm sketches to CAD and photorealistic renderings.
* Previous creation of a custom structure (such as a bottle) in a R&D atmosphere, preferred
* Deep understanding of manufacturing processes like injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, paper construction, and automation to guide creative solutions that are both beautiful and smart
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",