Medical Affairs Associate Director 7/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT THE COMPANY Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Medical Affairs Associate Director.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Medical Affairs Associate Director will be a PAH medical expert working with PAH healthcare providers in the field and overseeing medical affairs field operations. The position will oversee customer facing medical affairs initiatives which will include medical field operations, review committees (ARC, MRC), engage with KOLs/investigators/and support staff for both medical affairs, clinical studies, IISs, and will partner with the PAH sales leadership team. The position will also support the Senior Director of Medical in development of the annual medical plan and timely execution of medical tactics assigned to the role.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Function as a field medical expert for PAH and provide expertise within and outside the organization
* Build strong relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the therapeutic area of interest and be committed to continuous scientific exchange with KOLs as appropriate in the field and during medical congresses
* Oversee field medical affairs responsibilities and supplement the clinical operations team
* Medical lead for review committees: ARC and MRC
* Co-chair medical sub-team and MSL team meetings and serve as a brand team member
* Develop appropriate Medical Reports
* Support the development and implementation of the PAH/ERA Medical plan
* Support Phase IV studies, help manage medical monitors and ensure clinical trials are conducted according to the investigational plan, regulatory requirements of study conduct and industry standards of Good Clinical Practice as well as Actelion SOPs
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* MD, PhD or PharmD with eight years of relevant experience of which 5 years are pharmaceutical / biotech industry in medical affairs or clinical development, with strong medical focus and experience in regards to medical plans, publications, medical information, education grants, investigator initiated studies, and Phase IIIb/IV programs, or equivalent academic or clinical experience.
* Strong knowledge of PAH, pulmonary medicine and critical care
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Medical science background with a strong understanding of clinical research and clinical trial design and management
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to form strong relationships based on credibility and trust, be able to work within teams and handle a fast-paced work environment
* Ability to travel within and outside of the US as needed
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement