Entry Level Mechanical Engineer- Freeport, TX 7/26/2018
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls has opening at the Freeport, Texas facility for an Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer. This role will provide mechanical reliability support to the plant by performing engineering analysis and calculations as well as assisting with plant troubleshooting and implementation of production and/or maintenance needs.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world's leading producer or chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Typical responsibilities for an entry-level mechanical engineer include the following:
* Create new equipment specifications
* Work with equipment suppliers and other vendors and contractors to ensure project goals are met
* Coordinate field construction and work with personnel to ensure timely, cost effective and quality project results.
* Size and design simple mechanically oriented process equipment to be used in production areas
* Assist with troubleshooting, gathering and analyzing data and plant shutdowns as needed
* Serve as engineering representative on capital projects
* Update P&IDs of plant processes with manufacturing equipment
* Participate in PHAs
* Assist with developing policies, procedures and standards
* Maintains effective communications and coordination with area supervisors and operator technicians
* Support plant and Operational and Maintenance Excellence goals
* Participate in safety meetings, training activities and follow established safety procedures and practices
Qualifications for successful candidates include:
* BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a College or University accredited by the US Department of Education
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale (Documented proof required)
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills - verbal and written.
The following characteristics are strongly preferred:
* Familiarity with SAP and Visual Basic
* Co-op or internship experience in a process or manufacturing environment, ideally a chemical manufacturer
* Knowledge of ISO9001/ RC14001 standards and procedures
* Geographical flexibility
* Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
* An opportunity to make a real difference in the manufacturing industry but a small company environment that gives employees a chance to be seen and appreciated and to grow in responsibility.
* A variety of jobs and career paths that will appeal to those who are drawn to a creative, energetic and open workplace environment.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.