Wireless System EE/RF Engineer 7/26/2018
Santa Cruz, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plantronics is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
We are a global team with zeal for fulfilling our vision through innovation and rigorous execution. Our company is made up of smart, highly-capable, inquisitive people who bring their best selves to work each day and treat others as we wish to be treated. Plantronics people embrace discovery and invention, take risks, and incorporate the things we learn into the things we do. In creating Unified Communications and customer service solutions, software analytics, and Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future.
Mission: We discover and invent the tools and technologies that provide a focused and distraction-free environment for you to perform at your best.
Wireless System EE/RF Engineer
The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding and extensive experience with wireless systems design, operation and deployment who will enjoy the opportunity to work with a world-class team to design and develop wireless communication systems.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, physics or related field. Master s degree or equivalent experience desirable
* 10+ years of work experience in wireless system and subsystem design for new product development for consumer and/or enterprise consumption
* Experience designing RF systems, circuits and subsystems for wireless communication products such as Wi-Fi/BT, GSM, DECT and/or other proprietary digital communication systems
* Capable of hands-on lab work including test and measurement with a willingness and ability for soldering fine pitch and small electronic parts
* LabVIEW programming experience for automated RF testing is desired
* C-programming and assembly language for real-time embedded systems is a significant plus
* Real Time Operating System (RTOS) experience also beneficial
* Ability to make a commitment to product development tasks and perform accordingly to meet schedule requirements
* Ability to prioritize own task assignments
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Roles and Responsibilities
* Wireless systems and board level designs for wearable and desktop products operating in various frequency bands and standards
* Own design(s) from schematic, layout, test/debug and regulatory certifications to deliver to mass production for new product developments
* Develop experimental systems and HW designs in support of technical investigations and incubation programs
* Conduct test and measurement of device and system level performance in various wireless environments for co-existence and density performance
* Work collaboratively with global teams
* Contribute to product development definition and strategies from a technical perspective
* Work with product management and extended team members as engineering team leader to determine design approaches
* Demonstrate willingness and capability to learn new skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.