DSP Firmware Engineer 7/26/2018
Santa Cruz, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plantronics is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
We are a global team with zeal for fulfilling our vision through innovation and rigorous execution. Our company is made up of smart, highly-capable, inquisitive people who bring their best selves to work each day and treat others as we wish to be treated. Plantronics people embrace discovery and invention, take risks, and incorporate the things we learn into the things we do. In creating Unified Communications and customer service solutions, software analytics, and Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future.
Mission: We discover and invent the tools and technologies that provide a focused and distraction-free environment for you to perform at your best.
The DSP Firmware Engineer will work alongside bio-sensor engineers and provide a vital link between algorithm development and practical implementations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering quality products based upon fundamental digital signal processing concepts. The ability to develop and test using a careful and methodical process, while optimizing to within embedded constraints is key for this position.
Multiple/Multi-level positions open.
Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field (Masters preferred)
* 1-2 years of experience in an embedded firmware, software product development environment using C++, C and Assembler
* Solid programming skills for embedded systems and DSP
* Ability to map algorithms into an efficient implementation, optimization for MIPS & Memory
* Fixed-point implementation on DSP
* Knowledge of embedded firmware development tools including compiler, debugger, profiler, etc.
* Understanding of embedded real-time operating systems, interrupts and schedulers
* Knowledge of the constraints and advantages of embedded environments
* Some experience building embedded products with and without an operating system
* Prior experience with processor architectures such as ARM Cortex, Tensilica/Cadence HiFi, CSR/Qualcomm Kalimba DSP, TI DSPs - is a plus
* Knowledge in filter design, acoustic echo canceller, Bluetooth, automatic gain control, equalization, voice activity detection, head acoustics - is a plus
* High quality development, testing and debugging skills are a must
* Experience in MATLAB, and one of scripting languages such as Python, Perl
* Highly motivated, team player, willing to pick up any piece of code, with a can-do attitude, and attracted to challenging opportunities within a bleeding edge Engineering entity
* Experience in audio signal processing
* Data analysis and problem solving
* Knowledge in interface protocols such as I2C, SPI and I2S
* Experience in User Interface development, GUI and inter-processor communication is desirable
#Audio #DSP #Engineer #Firmware #Embedded #C #C++ #Programming #Assembly #Language #Tools #Real-time #Optimization #System #Design
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.